Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youcam not showing up in Messenger
Shelly [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2009 20:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, so my friend and I just got identical laptops with the cyberlink youcam feature built in. We tried to set it up with Windows Live Messenger, but for some reason, we can only get audio and my video to show up. Messenger won't let her webcam on. As far as we can tell, we've set it up right, and can't find any problems. Help!
[Post New]
I have the same issue - bought (2 days ago) a new MSI Wind netbook with Cyberlink Youcam built in, but the software says that it cannot find a video source. Have tried the tips from another thread - uninstall the software, disable firewall and anti-virus software then re-install, but the same problem - camera not found. Have also downloaded the patch from the website with no change in fortune. Windows XP home and latest version of Live Messenger. Youcam 1.0
What next? Buy an external webcam?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 13. 2009 16:41

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

Did you go through the steps of setting CyberLink Web Cam Filter as your default web cam in Windows Live Messenger? You can find this under Tools - Audio & Video Setup.

Let us know if that works.

Regards,
David
[Post New]
The computer does not recognise the webcam.. if I do a list of hardware it does not show up, if I look at cameras and scanners in "control panel" or tools-audio and video setup, it is not there. If I try to run the Cyberlink software on its own (rather than through live messenger) it still reports that no camera is found. Yet I have the serial number/registration key, provided with the netbook, so I know that the camera is fitted.
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

From what you said, there seems to be something wrong with your web cam, i.e. it is faulty. Contact the manufactuerer to get it fixed. YouCam will only work if the webcam is working, which you have indicated, it is not.

Regards,

David
sudhir [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2009 10:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have the cam working fine on the laptop it came with but when I go into windows live messenger and try and set it up on all I get back is messenger telling me 'We are unable to Audio and Video setup'
So anyone have any ideas or thoughts on how I can get it to work on Windows Live Messenger??
Let me know please.
Thanks
pat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2009 22:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
ok, im just dumb. when setting up initial youcam, i was asked what my email program was and i typed in 'yahoo' and hit enter. noooooooo, not correct, error message when i try to send email through youcam. new to vista, and cant find initial settings to correct. appreciate any help,
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Pat,

The e-mail function in YouCam does not work with Yahoo, Gmail, etc...i.e. web mail programs. It only works if your computer has a default mail program such as Outlook, etc. on your computer.

You can however attached the photos and videos you took to your webmail programs simply.

Regards,
David
[Post New]
OK, we have a soultion! A friend of my daughter's found this... there is a blue icon of a webcam on the "F6" key, so pressing CTRL+F6 gets the camera working, and the Cyberlink software can then be used successfully.
Shame that the netbook manufacturer made no mention of this in the online manual for the computer (and there is no pdf manual on the hard drive, and no paper manual came with the item)
leslie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2012 03:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
my you cam doesnt work how can i fix it? it always sed to allow then ill click yes but you cam doesnt work wat hardware or software do i need?