Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SOLVED - How to get rid of (redundant) numbers in DVD Menu?
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
Oops. Never mind. I unchecked "Show thumbnail index" and that fixed it.
========================================================
I snail mailed a video of our Great American Eclipse Experience to a friend on a DVD, encoded in mp4.

Unfortunately, his "old" Blu-Ray player doesn't play mp4's. (I suggested he update his firrmware, but he's not interested.)

So now I'm making my first ever DVD disc using PD15.

I signed up in DirectorZone and downloaded my first title from a fellow user. (Thank you.) A nice sunset background.

It took a while for me to figure out that all I wanted was a Title Menu, no root menu. (Don't want scenes. Just Thumbnails to the two videos on the DVD.)

Okay, so now I've got the two thumbnails with the appropriate titles/descriptions under them.

But there are these small numbers - 1, 2 - floating at the upper left of the thumbnail box.

How do I get rid of them? Can I?

They seem redundant, since my thumbnails are in the order I want, and since I named the thumbnails. Worse, when I'm in the "modify" window, the number appear as small numbers only. But when I click "Okay" they take on a size and gradient consistent with the main title size and gradient.

The numbers are kind of distracting, just floating in air above the thumbs. (I wouldn't mind so much if they were closer to the thumbnails. But the thumbnail object box is much larger than the actual thumbnail image (because the object box is square).)

I did a cursory search of the forum. Didn't see this topic if it's come up before.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 01. 2018 21:24

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This has been brought up many times before. Found this in the forum search. Read the last 2 threads of this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64385.page#293215 .
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, you're right.

I did do a search, but I didn't go back to Nov 17 and probably ignored posts from previous versions of PD.

My bad.

Interestingly, I watched a CL Tutorial about Menus. But I didn't see it there either.