Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8: AVCHD Encoding onto DVD and Blu-ray
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
I'm currently trying to produce a dvd or blu-ray using the H.264 option in Create Disc in PD8. I'm using 1920x1080 MTS AVCHD files from my HDR-XR200 Sony Camera.

SVRT indicates no video encoding nescessary. When producing a 1hr 10 minute segment of footage, the whole create disc process takes 12 minutes, indicating no video encoding taking place.

In both Blu-ray and DVD format, the end product plays perfectly on the PC. But when discs are placed in my Sony BDPS550 blu-ray player with my HDTV, the picture, including the menu is choppy. The blu-ray player has the latest firmare, and should play AVCHD content no problem. I have the same result on my other Sony BDPS-350 blu-ray player.

I've tried 1440x1080 MTS clips and used the create disc option at the matching HD 1440x1080 resolution with exactly the same results. Plays fine on the PC but not on either blu-ray player on either blu-ray or DVD.

Producing an MPEG-2 Blu-ray produces very good results, but the amount of disc space used is twice as big plus the quality of the picture is not as good because the video has to be encoded. These method of production does work.

I note that my camera is not on the list of supported AVCHD video cameras. Is it simply that the MTS files my camera produces aren't compatible with PD8?

Any ideas anyone? Apologies if it's obvious to you, it isn't to me!

Cheers

Andrew
Wales, UK

PD8 Ultra v1930
Intel i7 920 2.67GHz
ATI Radeon Sapphire HD4830 (with latest W7 drivers)
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 RC Build 7100

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2009 17:48

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530