Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video clips are flickering.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: AlS Don't be afraid of PD's beta patches. If you install one but decide you want to go back to an older version, all you need to do is run the older patch and PD will be "updated" (actually, restored) to that version. No need to uninstall/reinstall the whole programcool

Wannabe beta testers, I'd be very careful with the statement above. It's not true.

Beta testing and patches are typically not for the light hearted that like to keep a working system. It's great if all the patches are stable, BUT, you cannot go back to a previous version as simply suggested in the above statement.

For example:
After 2725 beta is installed one still has a 4/1/2014 version of MonitorDetect.dll(212,992 bytes) as shown in pic 2725_original
After 2808 beta is installed one now has a 3/31/2015 version of MonitorDetect.dll(217,088 bytes) as shown in pic 2808_original
If one has issues with 2808 beta and decides to simply reinstall 2725 beta release to recover, you maintain the 3/31/2015 version of MonitorDetect.dll(217,088 bytes) as it was not part of the 2725 beta package so it's not updated. this is shown in pic 2725_after_2808_orig

This makes sense, there is no version control in these beta updates. If new dll's are introduced between beta versions that are not common between the two beta versions, you end up with the most recent version of the dll installed when you downgrade to a different beta release. Yes, of course the about box will echo a version of the last patch operations leading you to think you have a given version, there simply is no version control to enforce that. What you end up with is a halfbreed install, a little of 2808 and a little of 2725. Not an ideal situation for many of the computer challenged.

Will it cause issues, depends on the severity of the issues in the beta releases.

Many options to recover, user system images, user backup files, full install again, system restore not one of them though.

Jeff
[Thumb - 2725_after_2808_orig.png]
 Filename
2725_after_2808_orig.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
252 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
126 time(s)
[Thumb - 2725_original.png]
 Filename
2725_original.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
416 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
110 time(s)
[Thumb - 2808_original.png]
 Filename
2808_original.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
249 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
93 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 01. 2015 19:45

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff, thanks for catching that. I was relying on the version number of the main program (the executable file), and didn't think about DLLs and how they wouldn't necessarily be updated or restored when an earlier patch was run.

You can get everything in sync again if you reinstall the original program (over the current version) and then update with the desired patch, but that's not as simple as what I described.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
I never installed beta patches before. But with this issues you give it a try to install any patch, don't you ?!

But this thread is not a question, if i should install Beta Patches.

opdata, thank you very much for your help.

I test today several things with PD13 and AMD/Intel/Nvidia GPU. Then i decide to open a new Thread. But i Think it's pointless.

It is unlikely, because who knows what causes this issues ?! It's the Geforce Driver or the PD13 Software ?!

The Issue exists since publication of the maxwells. Since "NVENC".

PD13 Supports Cuda (to Geforce 340.xx with older Cards) and Nvenc with the newest Cards/Drivers at the same time. I think thats the great problem, and causes incompatibilities like this issues.

Before the GTX970 i had a Notebook with GTX780M. And there were issues, too. Not the same, but others that made me very angry. With Hardware Decoding and Encoding. Something always didn't work with the Nvidias before, in my cases.

With the Intel HD Graphics at the Moment it runs very smoothly. I will test today an AMD Graphic Card, and dedcided then if i renounce of Nvidia Graphics.

If AMD causes more problems, i leave everything at it is.

I tested Nero Recode 15 and have issues, too, with the Geforce Hardware Coding. It supports Intel, too. And runs smooth.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Opdata, here's the Thread i posted this issue 6 Months ago.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41983.page;jsessionid=D24835B0322B5B0DD988C76D8B127FBD#216305

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you blasiusxx. Could you attach or post on YouTube what the problem videos looks like? You have already done lots of work to try and fix the issue, and maybe the AMD card will work better for you.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

optodata
[Post New]
blasiusxx, I wonder if you could try these 3 steps and see if the problems disappears:

1. Reinstall the latest nVidia driver, but choose Custom and ONLY select the Graphics Driver. Uncheck all other items and check the Perform a clean installation box. Restart the computer when prompted.

2. Right-click on an open area of the desktop, and open NVIDIA Control Panel

3. Click on Manage 3D settings, and change the Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance from the Global Settings tab

Run PD13 again and see if the problem has changed or gone away.

If it has not changed, you can try to disable the CUDA in your GTX970 by going back the NVIDIA Control Panel and unchecking the box for CUDA - GPUs. This should greatly slow down your producing and PD may not even work, but it would be interesting to see what happens.

Please restore the CUDA settings after the test!

YouTube/optodata

blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
i have tested it.

Nothing changes. I thought, when i disable Cuda PowerDirector becomes slowly, but....no.

Flickering is still present.

I Tried to upload a Video with the Issue at Youtube. Could i post here a link ?!

Don't know if i create it now or later.
optodata
[Post New]
Yes! You can paste the link directly or use this button

Also, does the flickering stop if you disable the Intel HD GPU? I assume that both nVidia and Intel are enabled at the same time.

YouTube/optodata

blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, at the Moment they are both enabled.

Because i use now Intel HD for PD13.

When i deinstall Intel HD and deactivate it in the Bios (Only PCIE Grpahic), the Issue is still present.

No I thought, my graphics Adpater GTX970 had a crash.

But then i tested several Software with CUDA Support, like TMPGenc Mastering Works 6 (Test) and xxxxxxx. But there were nothing issues with CUDA (Nvenc) HW Acceleration.

Then i tested the Magix Video Deluxe 2015 Premium Testversion. And all runs very smoothly. No picture Errors like this.
optodata
[Post New]
I'm sure your video card is ok and I'm sure that the problem is with how PD "talks" with the nVidia driver, so only nVidia or Cyberlink can fix it. I'm just trying to see if there's anything we can do to that might help.

One thing I could do is make two shortcuts for your desktop that would let you quickly switch between the 970 and the Intel HD, but that doesn't solve the problem and i still would like to see a video with the flickering.

YouTube/optodata

blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
The Shortcuts are placed at the Desktop since 5 Days

i now upload two video Files. One is the Original, and one is produced in 60i.

What i have found is, if i only put the Clips in the Timeline in PD13, there are much less issues in the video (preview).

There are much more of flickering, when i use effects, titles or background music.

Summary i Think, If PD13 only produces without transcoding (without Effects, Titles, and so on), there are less flickering.

Here are the Links:

Flickering60i.m2ts

Original.MTS

http://www.file-upload.net/download-10583798/Flickering60i.m2ts.html

http://www.file-upload.net/download-10583809/Original.MTS.html

You can see the Flickering at the beginning and 17-18 Seconds Playing Time. When i produce a film with effects, it looks terrible. Then The Errors are every seconds.

The Filmed Clips are recorded with a Sony, but it's the same with my Panasonic.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 03. 2015 06:43

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: If it has not changed, you can try to disable the CUDA in your GTX970 by going back the NVIDIA Control Panel and unchecking the box for CUDA - GPUs. This should greatly slow down your producing and PD may not even work, but it would be interesting to see what happens.

Quote: i have tested it. Nothing changes. I thought, when i disable Cuda PowerDirector becomes slowly, but....no.

Quote: But then i tested several Software with CUDA Support, like TMPGenc Mastering Works 6 (Test) and xxxxxxx. But there were nothing issues with CUDA (Nvenc) HW Acceleration.

Any chance maybe you are having a misunderstanding of technologies? Disabling "CUDA - GPU" in Nvidia control panel will have absolutely no effect on PD13 HA encoding performance of a GTX 970 if just a straight clip (no PD13 effects) as the Nvidia NVENC encoding is used. Nothing should be "slow" encoding as you envision.

CUDA Encoding (NVCUVENC), No longer supported by Nvidia in current drivers. CUDA based video encoder that uses combination of CUDA cores and CPU.
NVENC, CUDA Encoding replacement that uses specific IC on GPU card to do hardware encoding. Originally released with Kepler cards and updated significantly since. NVENC is not CUDA!

Disabling "CUDA - GPU" in Nvidia control panel will have a significant effect on accelerated effects, as those use OpenCL (if selected in pref) to utilize the CUDA/OpenCL enabled GPU to handle the effects. The IC Video Engine of NVENC is still doing the HA encoding. But since all this is off topic of flickering, I won't continue posting data and pics to substantiate, been accused once already in this post.

Your Original clip does not flicker for me, production in PD13 with a GTX970 and NVENC HA on my setup does not flicker when produced at the same downsampled 60i profile of your Flickering60i.m2ts file. Producing on my setup with NVENC HA on a GTX650 also does not flicker.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2015 10:55

blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for you very full and detailed descrition to Cuda and/or NVenc. Now i understand a little better.

But please keep cool...

I'm not the expert, and i don't really care the details. It's not my job, i'm not a Software Developer.

I tried to test Solutions, if anything could work i test it.

My problem is, that i have trouble ONLY with PD13 and GeforceGTX970 if Hardware Acceleration is enabled.

Other Software/Gaming works perferct.

You don't wrote, if you see the Flicker in the Produced m2ts Clip ???!!
I sse it at the beginning, and at play time 17-18 seconds.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2015 11:30

optodata
[Post New]
blasiusxx - I've found the problem!!!!

Your video flickering is because somehow PD produced your clip to 30i, NOT 60i. Now we need to understand why.

Your original is smooth because it's 60p, and the flickering is because you have lots of camera movement and 30i cannot keep up. This is normal and not a bug, but PD should be producing to the frame rate you specify. What is the frame rate for your project? What happens if you use the 970 with HW acceleration on but change that rate?

Normally, if you produce to 60p or 50p you would not have this flicker at all. Another option would be to produce to a progressive format rather than interlaced. Is that possible?

Finally can you send a sample of the clip that is produced with the Intel HD? Do you use the exact same profile from the Produce tab for both?

I can't thank you enough for providing the sample clips. In 5 seconds, I understood everything!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2015 13:36

YouTube/optodata

blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry, of Course, but No, that isn't it.

And it's not normal that my videos with much movement have this flickering. Hadn't it beforce GTX970.

As i tell you: if i produce in 60p (ONLY THIS ONE CLIP), there is no flicker. That is right.

But The Flicker comes back, when i use several effects or titles and background music in the timeline.

Then it always flickers, all the same if i produce in 60p or 60i. In 60i there are more errors.

I tested all Frame Rates in Different Projects (from 25i up to 60p), and produced difficulty final Films (50i,60i,50p,60p) and all of this Flickers ONLY with GeforceGTX970.

With the Intel NOTHING Flickers, with all Frame Rates.

Have now tested today an AMD R9285, and there are no issues like this.

Sorry, optodata. You were veeerry helpful to me. But now i finally decided to let it be as it is.

I Use the Intel for PD13 and all is well and smooth. i had to investigate too much time in this issue. My Wife and my Son are still there

Thanks a lot.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 03. 2015 14:43

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: You don't wrote, if you see the Flicker in the Produced m2ts Clip ???!!
I sse it at the beginning, and at play time 17-18 seconds.

Yes, flicker in your file, Flickering60i.m2ts

I think you have something fundamentaly wrong. The Flickering60i.m2ts that you provided is a BDAV format file which in a properly function PD13 should only come from a "Create Disc" operation, never a "Produce" operation. The GOP structure of the file is also consistent with "Create Disc" operation, not "Produce".

Can you outline the exact steps you took with screen captures of the timeline, produce setttings,.....etc, to document how you exactly created Flickering60i.m2ts from the Original.MTS during a "Produce" task in PD13? If nothing out of the ordinary seen, I'd probably suggest a full PD reinstall with reg clean as fundamentally I don't think one can create the Flickering60i.m2ts with the attributes it has in a "Produce" operation with PD13.

Jeff
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
No, there isn't fundamentally somethin wrong.

This is a "create disc" m2ts file, not from a "Produce" Operation.

I prefer Create Disc, because i need a BluRay with Menu, Chapters.

But it's all the same. When i "Produce" in H.265 (all the same 1080i or 1080p or mkv/mts), it still flickers again.

The Issue is present before "Produce" or before "Create Disc" Operation. I can see the Flicker during creating the video in the timeline and look the preview in the handler window.

If there are more effects and titles in the timeline, than it flickers much more, compared to only film with a video clip without effects or titles.

But finally i dediced to use Intel Quick Sync. It works reliable, smooth and fast. Not only in PD13.

Thank you all for help.

Bye from Germany
optodata
[Post New]
I'm happy that the new AMD card works for you, and I'm glad you will be able to spend more time with your family

Auf wiedersehen

YouTube/optodata

blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you

But i use Intel Quick Sync now. AMD works very well in PD13, but it had other problems like in Nero Recode.

I know IQS with Core i7 4770K don't support 4K or H.265, but that is not important for me. AMD didn't support that, too.

I Use in First Intel QS for Encoding/Decoding. It's supported by other Video Software and runs very well. It is only little bit slower than NVENC, but runs flawlessly.

Nvidia is changing often their Drivers Architecture, i think thats the problem.

If i would Gaming, then i switch to the Geforce. That's enough.

Thanks all.

"Auf Wiedersehen" :
[Post New]
=blasiusxx

Maybe I'm repeating something, I did not follow all this increasing discussion.

From your video clip I take tests described below.

My signature PC, PD13 = Open CL and H-Decoder = ON

Your original video is progressive.

SVRT chosen profile, 1920x1080 / 60P (28 Mbps)

I checked your rendered file:

1 - Used profile 1920x1080 60i (16 Mbps).

2 - This profile generates a file 29.97 FR (30i)

Are two differences from the original video..

test here;

Profile: 1920x1080 / 60P (28 Mbps) good results here

Profile: 1920x1080 / 60i (16 Mbps) results flicker.

HE on, gets worse..

Profile: 1920x1080 / 60i (16 Mbps) modified to FR 59.94 was good

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 05. 2015 15:55

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The original poster with the problem was use an amd video card in his laptop. Looks like both amd and nVidia cards can have the problems. Other users don't seem to have any problems with hardware acceleration on or else they haven't reported it.