Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdvd 9 not playing Blu-Ray
Jagroop [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2008 16:43 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Just upgraded to PDVD9 from 8 and well its not very good is it?

Firstly everytime it opened, it stated there was an error and shutdown; after uninstalling Comodo, it started working fine.

Now its not playing BD discs at all - they're loading but nothing happening; normal dvd seems fine and is working but nothing for BD!!!

Anyone had this problem, know how to fix it? I run Vista 32bit on a Vaio FZ21Z and had no problems with PDVD8...

I'm now re-installing that but to be honest I thought after 4 months, Powerdvd9 would have all the kinks ironed out. Evidently not!

DrQuiet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2009 15:30 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Which version of PowerDVD 9 do you have?

Jagroop [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've got Powerdvd 9 Ultra!
Bill [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2009 14:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm running PDVD9 Ultra Build 1719a. My system is:
Zotac 9300 ITX WiFi
Intel e5200 (2.5GHz)
2 GB Ram
Win XP Pro

When I try to play commercial BD disks, I get a message indicating a periodic critical update is needed (code = 0024). When I click yes to update, it responds that the update was succesfull. I then click play again, and the same messages appear. This loop continues as long as I am willing to play this game.

Any clues what is up with that?

The only way I have been able to play BD disks is by having AnyDVD running in the background.
Why should I have to buy two pieces of software when one should be able to do it?
Jagroop [Avatar]
[Post New]
To be honest I can't be bothered with it so I'm going back to PDVD8 and waiting for my refund.

I'll just put that money towards a half decent blu-ray player.