Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing Posts
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Everyone,

Below is a copy of a PM I sent to the Forum "Administrator"
(not to be confused with our fine "Moderator" Dafydd)
Perhaps this was a misguided move, but if you agree or disagree, please add your voice in reply.

Dear Administrator,

I don't expect a reply here. But I just wanted to express that it is very disheartening to take the time to post something, have it appear on the forum, and then 2 hours later, the post has disappeared and is not even in "Recent Topics".
Then the next day, it now can be found in RT, but it still does not appear on the forum pages, even if one looks 5 pages deep. And I'm pretty sure that the majority of members and visitors to the forum don't immediately go to "Recent Topics" to see if there is a new post. We assume that all recent posts and new topics will appear on the first few pages of the forum as we browse them.
But this is so often not the case. And it really does dampen one's enthusiasm for taking the time to participate in the forum, when so often ones effort is in vain, as a post simply disappears 2 hours after posting.
And that is why we see multiple postings, because the poster, who was seeking help, assumes there was a glitch, and re-posts his/her question again.

There have been times where I have read a new post, then left to open PowerDirector to do a little research, then composed a reply in MS Word, then opened up the forum again a mere 30 minutes later, and the post that I had intended to reply to is gone, and is nowhere to be found, only to show up (unanswered) a day or two later.

I am not complaining here just because one of my posts has gone missing. It wasn't that important, and it happens to everyone.
The point here is...
It happens too often, and has been happening for too long, and has been mentioned too many times.

Can this not be rectified?

Thank you for your time,

-Cranston-

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2009 18:00

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
I'm adding my support to your letter. My sentiments as well.
[Post New]
Cranston - pjc -

Hear! Hear!

We've all seen this happen many times and - yes - it's annoying. It's particularly annoying when you take the time to compose a semi-detailed response directly in the forum (not in a word processor)... post it - then it's gone. 10 minutes or so wasted. The same frustration would occur if you go to the trouble of carefully explaining the details of some PD issue, only to find your post has either disappeared or been relegated to page 7.

I understand the administrators have had this brought to their attention on many occasions.

Anyway - fingers crossed - let's hope this topic remains somewhere near the top of the most recent list for a while.

Well done CP for raising the issue here.

Cheers -

Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2009 19:37

Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
I agree completely. Hope something comes of it.

Robert
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I agree as well. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Ironically, I've been waiting for the post to be stolen so as not to waste my reply but so far it remains.

I agree.

Phew! Got that down in time.

It'll probably disappear now.

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carsten,
I don't know who gets the Admin emails from the forum nowadays, not sure who is picking them up, staff turn arounds and job changes etc. I have emailed details about your post to CyberLink. You're welcome to email me.

I have been emailing this issue to the tech support staff for a while - good to have all your inputs, thank you.

Dafydd
kent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2009 21:26 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Adm Test.

we are sorry for that inconvenience satus.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Kent (and everyone),

Well I think Kent has just proved our point.

Yesterday I noticed Kent’s “Adm Test” post, because it appeared on the first page of this PD forum.
Today, it does NOT appear on any of the forum pages. Even if one browses 7 pages deep.
However if one goes to “Recent Topics”, then Kent’s “Adm Test” post does appear there.

So that means that if a member or visitor did not visit the forum "yesterday", and does not go to recent topics "today" (which I maintain members/visitors rarely do), then no one else will ever see Kent’s test post, unless it comes up in someone’s future Search, or should for no apparent logical reason happen to all of a sudden re-appear on the forum pages again in a day or two.

Thanks Kent for confirming this forum glitch. We all appreciate it. And we all eagerly await a resolution to the problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08. 2009 16:18

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Check out Cindy's post on Archiving this morning.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6977.page

Was on page 1 now only available in recent topics. Nowhere to be found on any pages.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dickflyfisherman [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: May 29, 2008 09:34 Messages: 197 Offline
[Post New]
Turning off negative thoughts or ideas is FATAL to any company, with exceptions of course, valid complaints and problems that are posted should NEVER be deleted.
kent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2009 21:26 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Cranston, Dafydd, Tony and other contributors

We have found out the root cause of this problem.
It’s cause by our network device. We have a switch sever which redirect traffic to backup server when production server down.
But the switch server is not stable in those days and sometime it redirected to backup server unexpectedly!!

We tune the server two days ago. If you still find any exception again, please let us know.
Thanks!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
All sorts of problems, still, even with your post Kent. Now at the bottom of pg 2 and should be on pg 1 top as you just posted. It is listed 3rd item in recent posts, second for PowerDirector forum but STILL sits at the bottom of page 2.

Jeff

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 10. 2009 23:02

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Yes -

I see what you mean Adrian. My chooks organise their eggs better than this... it's all over the place.

Kent - thanks for letting us know that someone cares ...

When I popped in earlier, I left a message on a topic, expecting it might (by chance) jump to the top. Not so. It's buried somewhere in the debris.

I guess we'll ALL get good at clicking on that delightfully bold "S" word at the top!

Cheers -

Tony

PS. $10 for the first person to find this post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11. 2009 03:54

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
vn800rider
[Post New]
do you want my paypal account details?

Assuming you can find my reply

Cheers
Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11. 2009 04:05

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius