Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Text not displaying in pop-ups etc
Adam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2009 19:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
Sorry if this has been raised previously: I searched about but could not find anything.

I've got a curious issue... no text displays in any pop-ups or prompts that might display in PowerDVD (v 9.0.1530). For example if I right-click on the screen and select "Show Info", I get the frame of the pop-up box and the icons, but no actual text. Similarly when I run BluRay discs I get some sort of alert popping up sometimes before they spin up, but I have no idea what it is meant to say, because it's blank (there's the outline of the alert, and the outline of a button (I presume it's an OK button, but it's blank), and that's it. If I click the phantom OK button, everything continues fine. Other text like the fast-forward speed factor box is likewise blank.

I presumed this might be a language setting issue, so changed it from "Use System Default" to specifying English (or any other language), but this doesn't help.

Note that Windows-styled pop-ups and dialogues render fine, it's just the specially-skinned PowerDVD ones that are blank.

This is running on Windows Vista Home Premium, on a fairly new HP laptop. I'm not sure if there's any other system info that might help troubleshoot this.

I've run v7 OK on WinXP for ages without hassle. This is my first time for using Vista, and first time for using PowerDVD 9.

Any ideas? Cheers.

--
Adam
[Post New]
I'm having the same exact problem. Started with PowerDVD 8 and is continuing to happen in PowerDVD 9. Happened with a fresh install of Vista x64 SP1 and is still happening after a fresh install of Vista x64 SP2.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2009 20:30

Gregory [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2009 07:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Also have this problem. Think it is because I had an OEM Sony BDRW Drive with 6 that updated to 7, then purchased the 9 upgrade. I think it also happened in version 8 so it must be a skin problem. in version 7 there are a lot of available skins and that solved it for me...
[Post New]
I have this issue too and it's not an upgrade. It's a new installation. I've attached samples.

Are there any skins out there for version 9 to replace the default to see if that cures the v9 issue?
[Thumb - Blank Info and Dialog on Win7 64-bit-s.jpg]
 Filename
Blank Info and Dialog on Win7 64-bit-s.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
99 time(s)
[Thumb - Blank Info During Playback of both BD and m2ts files-s.jpg]
 Filename
Blank Info During Playback of both BD and m2ts files-s.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
66 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
107 time(s)
mobo: ASUS P5-QLE
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
video: Sapphire HD 7750 PCIe 1GB DDR5
Marco [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2010 02:13 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everybody,
same error here with any trial tried (v8, v9 and v10).
8GB RAM
Video: ATI 4650HD (DVI connection).

I've seen 4 posts to request an help (and most of us are potential buyers) without replies. Until now not such a useful helpdesk service (via the forum, of course).