Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu designer - how to import the buttons from the templates
Elisabeth G.
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Apr 21, 2009 16:21 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector supplies 13 sets of navigation buttons in the Menu designer. You can also import the navigation button from the 20 menu templates when creating your own menu from scratch. This gives you a total of 33 navigation button sets to choose from.

Each of the 20 basic menu templates is stored on your hard drive under the following folder names:

- Blue Xmas (Template 1)
- White Christmas (Template 2)
- Blue sky (Template 3)
- Bubbles (Template 4)
- Noir (Template 5)
- Paintbrush (Template 6)
- Performance (Template 7)
- Stargazer (Template 8)
- Blackboard (Template 9)
- Gems (Template 10)
- Rainbow (Template 11)
- Watercolors (Template 12)
- Flowers (Template 13)
- Retro wedding (Template 14)
- Rose (Template 15)
- Starfire (Template 16)
- E-motion (Template 17)
- Extreme Sports (Template 18)
- Map (Template 19)
- Planet (Template 20)

On my computer, the template menus are located in the following directory: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Menus\

For example, if you want to use the navigation buttons from Template 13 – Flowers, proceed as follows:
1) In the create disk module, click “New” to edit open the Menu designer and edit a new template
2) Click on “Set button effects” icon
3) Click on "Change navigation buttons" icon
4) The 4 currently used navigation buttons are shown under the “Current buttons”. Click on the “Home” button to highlight it.
5) Click “Import custom"
6) Browse to find the "pcbg" folder of the Flowers menu. The path on my computer is:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Menus\Flowers\pcbg
7) Select the file "Home10.png". Click "open". The Flowers Home button should now appear on your menu.
8) Repeat these steps to import the other three navigation buttons: "First10.png", "Prev10.png" and "Next10.png"
9) Save the template and you're done!

I have created a file which shows the 20 sets of navigation buttons from the templates, as well as their highlight color. If you'd like a copy of this file, send me a PM.
Elisabeth G.
[Post New]
Here is the image file showing the sets of nagivation buttons from the 20 templates. They are listed in alphabetical order.
PowerDirector menu button template
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Elizabeth -

In my script, newbies are supposed to ask questions - not write tutorials!

Go girl! I'm sure your post will be referred to many times.

Cheers -

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Elisabeth G.
[Post New]
I've been on bedrest for the last 16 weeks with a "challenging" pregnancy. For the first time (and hopefully last) time in my life I have time to fiddle around with PowerDirector, and thought that maybe I could save other users the tears of frustration. My recents posts reflect dozens of hours of PowerDirector use over the last few months. I've finally finished editing all my home movies!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]

Will we be seeing a newborn baby in a while? Take care of yourself.

Well done on the tutorials.

Dafydd

Elisabeth G.
[Post New]
Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully no baby for another 5 weeks. It's still in "editing" stage.