Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does Screen Recorder 3 have Scheduling?
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
I can't tell from the info. Can I schedule a recording with the new SC 3?

While I'm asking, will SC 3 use less resources than the current PD 15 SC? Currently SC uses about 30‰ of my quad core CPU to record 1280.

(I suppose I could try the trial to find out. But thought I would ask first.)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Not as far as I can see.
It does have a user defined recording time limit but no scheduled start time.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
pmikep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, the time limit is a step in the right direction. I'll have to try the trial.

Will SR 3 come with PD 17?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi pmikep -

I've been playing with the trial too. Lots of good improvements & features over the previus versions.

Will SR 3 come with PD 17?

I don't know for sure, but I'd think that's unlikely given that it's now on sale.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

No, Screen Recorder 3 will not be in PowerDirector 17, but users can expect a bit of an update to the Screen Recorder 1 version that is included in PowerDirector 16.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
pmikep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is there a direct download for the trial version of SC 3?

I wanted to try the trial today. <s>The CL link takes me to cnet, to download an "installer."</s>

Update: My mistake. It takes me to CL's site. I was confused because I saw the cnet-like download logo. (Green with chevrons.)

Given all the hacking lately, I'm very uncomfortable downloading an installer from a 3rd party site. Especially a 3rd party site like cnet, who had been modifying files for download a few years ago.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08. 2018 20:09

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/screen-recorder/download_en_US.html . This downloader here did not send me to the c-net site. It downloaded from the cyberlink site.
pmikep [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's the link I tried initially. It sends me to Cyberlink's site. <strikeout>But the download button is from cnet.</strikeout> And it's a small (1 MB) installer file.

Maybe I get sent to a different version of CL's site, since I have secuirty turned up high in my browser. (So maybe a referrer doesn't get passed on to the next site.)

I'll try a different browser to see what happens.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08. 2018 20:10

pmikep [Avatar]
[Post New]
I updated my previous posts to say that I was wrong about being redirected to cnet's download site.

So it stays in CL's domain.

But I still get a 1 MB downloader. Even tho the page says that SC 3 is a 282 MB file.

I would like the full file.

Although, now that I think about it, I think the patch files work the same way (with a small downloader app first).
pmikep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, got it installed. First observation: It wants to phone home a lot. Even with auto updates off.

Second: I'm not seeing a night/day difference in CPU usage on my box. (GTX-960)

Third: It would be nice if the screen size for recording persisted like it does with PD 15 SC.

I'm currently re-recording a TV movie that I recorded with PD 15 SC this morning. Will try to see if any noticeable difference in the final video.

P.S. What's an .mrk file and why would I want it? (It's a separate file. Does it automatically import when I load a video into PD 15? What happens if I rename the original video file? DomI have to rename the .mrk file too?
pmikep [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found the SC 3 User's Guide online. The .mrk file is a log file for locating mouse clicks. (Puts Markers in the Time Line when you import the file.)

I don't need it for my purposes.