Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
RESOLVED - Audio track manual adjustment missing ?
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Confirmation please: adjusting the audio level and fade rate manually on the timeline does not work.

The busy coders decided that it was time to confuse us all and change the way one can vary the audio vulome on a track by incorporating a new function for varing the volume using key frames activated by the Ctrl key. How wonderful.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2017 20:48

Win 10, i7
[Post New]
The busy coders decided that it was time to confuse us all and change the way one can vary the audio vulome on a track by incorporating a new function for varing the volume using key frames activated by the Ctrl key. How wonderful.

I would call it a "New feature" wink ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Confirmation please: adjusting the audio level and fade rate manually on the timeline does not work.

I think you're talking about something I can't figure out? I have several audio tracks and a video track. I don't see any sliders to control the individual track volumes. I ended up in the audio mixing room but that that seems to be something else (which I don't quite understand). I just wanted to adjust the master volume of each track in the timeline. Could someone explain? Thanks
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Francois,

Please start a new thread next time...but anyway. You were in the right place. The master volumer for each track is in the Audio Mixing Room.

Dave
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Francois,

Please start a new thread next time...but anyway. You were in the right place. The master volumer for each track is in the Audio Mixing Room.

Dave

I found that Audio Mixing Room process baffling. I couldn't tell which track was which since the labels didn't correspond to the track names below. If I adjusted a volume while the music was running and adjusted it again it would change incrementally instead of the master volume. I just saw a Youtube video suggested in another post showing the horiztontal sliders are master volume in that Mixing Room. I would have preferred a simple slider on the track.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2017 01:29

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Francois,

Dave

I found that Audio Mixing Room process baffling. I couldn't tell which track was which since the labels didn't correspond to the track names below. If I adjusted a volume while the music was running and adjusted it again it would change incrementally instead of the master volume. I just saw a Youtube video suggested in another post showing the horiztontal sliders are master volume in that Mixing Room. I would have preferred a simple slider on the track.
The horizontal slider controls the level of the whole track, the vertical slider controls the level of the one selected clip.

You can tell which slider in the Audio Mixing Room is controlling which track. The label on top refers to the track number I.E. Audio 1 = Track 1. Audio 2 = Track 2. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Francois,

Dave

The horizontal slider controls the level of the whole track, the vertical slider controls the level of the one selected clip.

You can tell which slider in the Audio Mixing Room is controlling which track. The label on top refers to the track number I.E. Audio 1 = Track 1. Audio 2 = Track 2.

OK. Thanks for the reply.