Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Audio on MP4 video clips
andrewkf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2017 18:16 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Power Director 15 was working ok for months. Today the video clips have no sound?

I have imported older clips that I know for sure are have worked on PD15 and no sound with these eirther

I have tried the video clips in audiodirector and audio is good

Audio is also good in other players.

Just seems to be a bit of a coincidence with the arival of the upgrade sales pitch!

Havent received a reply from customer support?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2017 17:35

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Check your preview, Non-real time preview is muted. be sure you are using Real Time preview. Also be sure the audio track is enabled.

Look at your audio waveform, it should be wavy lines. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

andrewkf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Check your preview, Non-real time preview is muted. be sure you are using Real Time preview. Also be sure the audio track is enabled.

Look at your audio waveform, it should be wavy lines.

If only it was that simple. I have reinstalled the programme, so any settings problems would be eliminated. It did nothing to resolve this issue.

Audio track is enabled Audio track is not wavey lines. No buttons are muted

The videos work in other programmes, including audiodirector. I have tested videos that I know for sure worked in pd15 and they have no sound.

The mute audio button does nothing to resolve this issue

My operating system is windows 10. Computer is more than capable of dealing with video editing software, so not an issue with hardware and as I said, the audio is woriing in other programmes.

Thanks for replying

Kind regards

Andrew
andrewkf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just downloaded PD15 again. Uninstalled the programme, Installed the new downloaded programme. Still no sound.

Have you had other reports of this problem?
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Can you post a screenshot of PDR in edit mode with an 'offending' video on the timeline. Regarding the "Non Real Time Preview" setting, how did you confirm that this is not your problem?
andrewkf [Avatar]
[Post New]
PD15 screenshot
Quote Can you post a screenshot of PDR in edit mode with an 'offending' video on the timeline. Regarding the "Non Real Time Preview" setting, how did you confirm that this is not your problem?
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can you select a small range from that timeline, produce and then post it just a few seconds will do.
andrewkf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
And the clip you are using plays with a normal soundtrack in say VLC and has previously worked OK in PDR?
andrewkf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, plays on windows media player and in audiodirector, evayer, etc Sound track is good
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
In that case I'm afraid I am out of ideas at the moment.
andrewkf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote In that case I'm afraid I am out of ideas at the moment.

Me too Thanks for trying
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Are you on Win10? It's worth posting your dxdiag.txt so we can have a look through that.
andrewkf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Are you on Win10? It's worth posting your dxdiag.txt so we can have a look through that.

Gone one better than that. Downloaded PD 16 trial version works perfectly, confirming my suspicion that the PD15 has had the audio disabled by the software at the same time that PD16 was released.

Very disapointed and will be seeking a full refund
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't believe that is the case for even a millisecond.
andrewkf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don't believe that is the case for even a millisecond.

I can assure you that PD16 is working perfectly, just as PD15 was when I last used it to produce a video. There is absolutely no reason for it to stop working and costing me 2 days trying to resolve it.

Installing PD16 has indeed proven to me that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my system or hardware.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
There was clearly a problem somewhere for whatever reason.

The suggestion that Cyberlink have deliberately crippled your software in order to sell the latest version is what I do not believe.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The audio waveform in the screenshot is a straight line. Place the sample video file on the timeline and you should see a waveform not a straight line which designate no sound.

Maybe the audio is 24 bits or something not supported in previous versions of PD. You can post say a 5 second sample with audio here as an attachment from your camera or the mediainfo of the clip listing the audio details for users to analyze.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 30. 2017 10:58

andrewkf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The audio waveform in the screenshot is a straight line. Place the sample video file on the timeline and you should see a waveform not a straight line which designate no sound.

Maybe the audio is 24 bits or something not supported in previous versions of PD. You can post say a 5 second sample with audio here as an attachment from your camera or the mediainfo of the clip listing the audio details for users to analyze.

I have placed the clip on the timeline, had to have to produce the movie clip. It is a straight line without waves. PS I have used Power Director.

It works in PD16 though the audio line is still straight. It is wavey in the the audio and wave editing software.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew -

That's a strange problem, so it's difficult to isolate the cause.

As tomasc suggested, could you attach a sample of the clips that are somehow "losing their audio" when imported into PDR15? At least then, you'd be able to get confirmation... or we might get closer to a solution.

Since this issue isn't being widely reported, doesn't that tell you your idea that CL has deliberately crippled PDR15 isn't verified?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!