Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How does PD downscale?
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
So, I made my first video at 2.7K. (The Great American Eclipse.) I produced a mp4 at the same resolution, which, if I have it right, is best practice.

But our Flat Screen TV is only 1080p, and that got me wondering. If I produced the video at 1080p (downscaled), how does PD handle individual pixels?

Say, for example, there was a red pixel, a green pixel, and a red pixel. Will PD throw out the green? Or put a yellow in its place?

I suppose I could ask a similar question about how our TV handles extra bits. Does it throw out extra bits or does it average? (2.7K wasn't around when our TV was designed. So I would be surprised if there's any algorithm to downscale in an elegant way.)

P.S. If anyone is interested in the Eclipse Experience, vid.me/olePC 13 minutes.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 03. 2017 19:01