Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youcam will not launch beyond splash screen.
Brian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2009 11:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have a HP dv7 1132nr laptop running Vista 64 that came with Youcam 2. When I first got the laptop Youcam 2 worked great.

Now it won't launch beyond the splash screen and just sits there. There are only three things that have changed on my laptop. I have loaded the trial version of Adobe Premiere elements 7 and unloaded it, I tried loading Adobe Premiere pro CS3, but that wouldn’t launch either, so unloaded it, and finally loaded MSN messenger, aka Windows Live Messenger and have since unloaded that.

Ever since then I can no longer get Youcam 2 to work. I have uninstalled all the software, plus uninstalled Youcam 2 and reinstalled Youcam 2, and reinstalled Youcam 2 update, but no luck. I did manage one time while the actual unload process for Adobe Premiere pro CS3 was going on, to get the Youcam2 to work, but since the reboot after the uninstall of Premiere, I am back to it not launching beyond the splash screen.

Anyone have any ideas as to what effect the above programs may have had on the Youcam 2 software? The rest of the DVD suite which I upgraded to works fine, it just Youcam 2 that is affected.