Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem Playing King Skull Island
comicfan123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2011 12:50 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I just picked up Kong Skull Island and I'm having problems playing the disk in my BD drive.
Cyberlink Power DVD 12.

When it starts to load,a message box pops up in a white box.

AACS License Key Update

An important component of Cyberlink PowerDVD requires periodic updates.New movies may not play back if the component is not updated now.

Would like to update now?

Yes No

I've had a box like this pop up every once in a while.Maybe once or twice a year.I always hit the Yes button and after a second or two,I assume the update is complete sincee the movie than loads like normal and always loads and plays like normal.I only have to do the update that one time and it doesn't pop up again in the near future.Like I said,it's usually once or twice a year.I think last time was late 2016 or very early this year(I don't remember what movie)

But on Kong:Skull Island,when I hit thr YES button to update,I get a second box message after a few seconds.

Information Player application update

Update complete

Okay

But when I hit the Okay button.the movie doesn't load.Power DVD just goes to its home image(or whatever its atandard thing is called when a disk is stopped or not loaded in the player)When I try to start the movie again,Either hit the resume or restart button,the loading blu ray disk box starts but then quickly,the same update message box pops up.

AACS License Key Update

An important component of Cyberlink PowerDVD requires periodic updates.

New movies may not play back if the component is not updated now.

Yes No

Same when I remove the disk and reload it.The movie won't load,it keeps poping up the same update request.

AACS License Key Update

An important component of Cyberlink PowerDVD requires periodic updates.New movies may not play back if the component is not updated now.

Yes No

And I keep hitting Yes and getting this.

Player application update

Update complete

Okay

But the movie still won't load.Again,normally when I have this,I don't even get a message box that the update is complete.The movie just starts loading after a few seconds.Now I'm getting this each time....

Player application update

Update complete

Okay

...and the movie won't finish loading.I checked the disk on on my regular blu ray player and it loaded fine and plays.I also re-tested the last Warner Bros. release I got which was The Lego Batman Movie and it still loads like normal with no message to update.

What should I do?

Contact Cyberlnk?

Now,I should mention back in November,Cyberlink put out a update for Power DVD 12.On the site, it says.

2016-11-28

Updates to PowerDVD 12 Ultra build 7107

Install this patch update to enhance the program's compatibility.

Note: This update is only for the retail and online purchased versions of PowerDVD 9 Ultra, PowerDVD 10 Ultra, PowerDVD 11 Ultra, and PowerDVD 12 Ultra.It will update them to PowerDVD 12 build 7107.

Release Notes

•Resolves playback issues for Blu-ray movies "Allegiant" and "Super Troopers".

•Improves playback compatibility of newly released Blu-ray movies.

•Minor bug fixes.

And on the player it has in the Updates section.

A software update is now available.Important!You are missing out on a smoother, faster experance

I didn't update because there was no mention of,Supports for the latest Blu-ray movies.And I haven't had any problems until right now with Kong Skull Island(in the past ,FOX releases required updates).So what should I do?Should I go back and exchange the blu ray for another copy(again,it plays fine on my regular Blu ray player and all my other blu rays are playing fine on on BD drive) or is it more likely the bd drive is the issue? Should I do the November 2016 update

I should also mention that this is the Kong Skull Island Target disk with the extra special feature on it

ETA

I went back to Target and did an exxhange and the new copy has the same problem.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 18. 2017 11:52

[Post New]
I solved my problem by updating my Bluray player's firmware (probably not necessary), then updating Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 with a patch from this page:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html

UNDER POWERDVD 15

Download the patch from
2016-09-25 Updates PowerDVD 15 to build 3305
comicfan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I solved my problem by updating my Bluray player's firmware (probably not necessary), then updating Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 with a patch from this page:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html

UNDER POWERDVD 15

Download the patch from
2016-09-25 Updates PowerDVD 15 to build 3305

Well,Like I said,I have Power DVD 12.I haven't done the last patch that was put out this past November.

2016-11-28

Updates to PowerDVD 12 Ultra build 7107 Install this patch update to enhance the program's compatibility. Note: This update is only for the retail and online purchased versions of PowerDVD 9 Ultra, PowerDVD 10 Ultra, PowerDVD 11 Ultra, and PowerDVD 12 Ultra. It will update them to PowerDVD 12 build 7107.

Resolves playback issues for Blu-ray movies "Allegiant" and "Super Troopers".Improves playback compatibility of newly released Blu-ray movies.Minor bug fixes.

Your Power DVD 15 patch looks like it resolves the same things as this Power DVD 12 patch.

I assume firmware update and this patch are the same thing.The Power DVD 12 update is a firmware update?All my other newest releases including The Lego Batman Movie which came out a few weeks ago and like Kong:Skull Island is a Warner Bros. release,load and play with no issue.

When I bring up the player,in the update section there is this message too.

A software update is now available.Important!You are missing out on a smoother, faster experance

I assume this is about that same patch?

In the next day or so,I'll try the patch update and hopfully that resolves this.I haven't had a problem with a new release until Kong:Skull Island,every other blu ray including the most recent releases until Kong;Skull Island load fine.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Aug 11. 2017 15:07

comicfan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just wanted to give the heads up that I did the software update/patch for Power DVD 12 provided by Cyberlink from November today.I held off until now but I have new releases coming starting this Tuesday.One of which is a Warner Bros. release(DC Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 and Alien Covenant).So I figure now was the time to do this update.

Great news,The Kong Skull Island Blu ray now plays fine.

So the update was the answer.