Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produce and /or create disc
McCallum [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2006 13:54 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Using Power Director 5 Premium
Not sure about when to use produce or just go straight to Create disc
ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Produce means to do file export to the file format you desired.
CreateDisc means to make your production on DVD/CD.

Not sure if this answers your question.
McCallum [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thankyou very helpful I am only doing CDs so I know I do not need to think about Produce What would an example of when you would use produce be
Shawn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2006 16:08 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Hey,

When I'm making a movie, I'll often do a produce at a low quality so that I can get an idea of what the final video will look like without taking the time to render it to a DVD/CD.

I use produce for this.

I also use produce when I want to make a simple video to show to some people when I can simply use the computer to play it.

I hope that helps.

Shawn
McCallum [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes Thankyou very much for your reply
McCallum
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I use "Produce" to turn my timeline into a single file, choosing a format which is appropriate for whatever I wish to use it for. Internet, Ipod, back to tape,make a disc, etc.

"Create Disc" is self explanatory.

I like to "Produce" my timeline into a single file (mpeg2 for DVD) before burning it to a disc, it seems to work better and play in my finicky dvd player.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23. 2006 16:40

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!