Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you import files after they have been produced?
SUSAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2009 23:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am only new to video editing and have tried using this program but there are some sctions I just cannot master. After I have produced my movie and the burning has failed .. again, shut down the computer, the next time I open the project I can't find out how to use the produced file? Do you use it and create disc again? PD7 doesn't seem to recognize the file of the produced movie. I am baffled, can anyone understand what I am asking??? Thanks
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Susan

This is what I do when I make my DVD's.

First I import all my media and perform all the necessary editing steps on the timeline. I assume you can get to this step.

Once all the editing is complete I click on the produce tab and select make a file. Typically I'm making DVD's so I click on MPEG2 and DVDHQ. I then click on next and tell PD where to save my produced file. I keep a special folder on my hard drive where I render all my videos to. I then begin to render my video. When all the rendering is complete I close PD and reopen it. I go back to the tab where all the editing is done and open a media file. I find the folder where I saved my rendered project and add that to the media library. I drag that file back into the timeline and and click on the Create Disk tab where I can burn my project. If you want to use menus then you have more work to do.

I never burn my disk immediately after going through the production/rendering process. I like to review my rendered file first prior to making a DVD. My system has never crashed or had burning fail if I follow this procedure.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 12. 2009 12:53

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
SUSAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2009 23:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply ,you put the process in really easy language and I understand. Thank You
emiliano [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2009 18:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
i have serious problem making dvd.
Each time i try to do it around the 58% an error message appears:
Burn process stopped: error come a000000a
Why this append?
file are in mpg2, pd is version 7.
Please help
Thank you