Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
title of video stuck in capture mode
temrick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2017 10:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have been adding video for a graduation video and today suddenly the title page on the CD disc of the video that I want to capture is stuck on title page. I can select a certain chapter of the video but it goes back to the title page. Unable to view any part of the CD disc. I have checked other CD disk and they are the same. So I am unble to view any part of the CD video to determine what part of the video that I want. Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated. All updates for PDR 15 are installed.
[Thumb - Screenshot (2).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (2).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
178 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
30 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The screenshot indicates that the disc is recorded in the vr mode. You can finalize it to the video mode before attempting to rip it. See this link: http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/skp/faq/107513 .
temrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The screenshot indicates that the disc is recorded in the vr mode. You can finalize it to the video mode before attempting to rip it. See this link: http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/skp/faq/107513 .

Thanks for the information. All the discs are finalized becuase I can play them on multiple dvd players. I used a tape to disc conversion unit. It finilizes the project when video is converted to dvd

. Now on to the weirdnss, I put some of the dvd discs that I have already captured video from when making the movie and now when inserted DVD title appears and Im unable to go to any of the chapters to view movie in capture mode. I have restarted and attempted many times to the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2017 14:25

temrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The screenshot indicates that the disc is recorded in the vr mode. You can finalize it to the video mode before attempting to rip it. See this link: http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/skp/faq/107513 .

Thanks for the information. All the discs are finalized becuase I can play them on multiple dvd players. I used a tape to disc conversion unit. It finilizes the project when video is converted to CD. Now on to the weirdnss, I put some of the dvd discs that I have already captured video from when making the movie and now when inserted DVD title appears and Im unable to go to any of the chapters to view movie in capture mode. I have restarted and attempted many times to the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quotePostId

I mean converted to DVD. Sorry
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I might have misunderstood, but if you wish to re-use some content from an existing DVD (you say CD but I'm assuming it's a DVD) then you don't need to 'Capture' the content. You should be able to copy the .vob files to your computer and then edit out the section you want directly from them. I'm also assuming that there are not copyright issues.

If you view the DVD's on your computer with Windows Explorer then what is the file structure you see on the DVD's. There should be a Video_TS containing the .vob's.

p.s. - Forum formatting all awry again!! Even though I used the "Reply to topic" link at the top of the thread.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2017 05:07