Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Green Line at bottom of video
vengy117 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2017 16:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've noticed a green line appearing at the bottom of a video file I recently rendered. I also noticed that the green line appears in the playback temporarily when I first drag a file onto a track, but disappears after a while, though it still remains in the rendered product.

It only appears under portions of the video where I use video files that I recorded on my camera. There's a 10-second bit at the beginning where I'm just using a black screen with white text and the green line doesn't appear until it switches to camera footage.

I've used this camera in PD15 before and it hasn't done this before, so I don't think it's a camera issue. I also haven't used any complex features to edit the video (the most complex the video gets is fade transitions).

Help would be greatly appreciated as I need to have this video uploaded fairly soon.
[Thumb - green line.png]
 Filename
green line.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3124 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
143 time(s)
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Not sure of the reason for your green line, it could be that the camera file is not being "played" properly or it could be an issue with the PD player itself.

But if you need a quick and dirty trial fix how about just enlarging the offending clips slightly to drop the green line off the canvas so to speak, this will show where the issue might lie - if it does drop off the canvas, it is the clip that's at issue, if not the PD player is producing the line??

Cheers

Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2017 03:38

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
KWorking5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2017 09:45 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
This happened with some of my video clips after I'd rendered them. I rerendered multiple times, and did some research on it. It could be that the graphics card on your computer needs upgrading, or it could be due to the amount of RAM.

Ultimately I ended up converting my files with an online converter and that fixed the green line at the bottom for one of my clips. WIth the others, I just ended up cropping it out in the post production of my student film.
Inchiquin68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2016 11:21 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded from PD14 to PD15 yesterday and now I'm seeing this green line on clips from the camera. In fact, sometimes it's green, sometimes it's black, and there also appear to be thin black lines down each vertical edge. It's as though PD is having difficulty fitting the clip to the frame. Stills which have been cropped to 1920x1080 are OK.

I work in 1080p 25fps throughout, from camera (Canon 5D2) through to final output. I was using PD14 for about a year and this never happened, so why does PD15 do it?

I have a deadline looming for the première of a film I'm producing, so unless there's a simple answer I will have no option but to ditch 15 and go back to 14.

It's a great shame about PowerDirector. I love what it does; it just doesn't do it very well.

Alan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2017 15:00

[Post New]
Try to disable hardware decode or update VGA driver? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
Inchiquin68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try to disable hardware decode or update VGA driver?

I've disabled hardware decoding and the green line has now disappeared, but the black lines are still there. Not quite as bad but they will still be noticeable when shown on a white screen.

I'm aware that my graphics card is obsolete (an onboard Radeon 6410) and I'm willing to upgrade, but I can't see why the graphics card would cause PD15 to be unable to fill the screen properly when PD14 can do so perfectly well. Can anyone offer help on that score? I can't afford to splash out money for a new card and find it hasn't solved the problem.

Alan
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Post the mediainfo of the video clip or a 5 sec. sample video clip from your camera. Some cameras do have that black line that I have seen.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2017 09:10

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I've disabled hardware decoding and the green line has now disappeared, but the black lines are still there. Not quite as bad but they will still be noticeable when shown on a white screen.

I'm aware that my graphics card is obsolete (an onboard Radeon 6410) and I'm willing to upgrade, but I can't see why the graphics card would cause PD15 to be unable to fill the screen properly when PD14 can do so perfectly well. Can anyone offer help on that score? I can't afford to splash out money for a new card and find it hasn't solved the problem.

Alan

The black line on left and right simply looks like a frame size issue and being scaled to fit the vertical height. You might try:
1) Right mouse click on clip in the timeline, "Set Clip Attributes" > "Set Aspect Ratio..." and set proper aspect for your camera clip
2) If 1 fails to correct, you might try a very modest overall scale to push the frame size issue outside the viewing area, like a 1% zoom is all you might need.

Jeff.
Inchiquin68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Post the mediainfo of the video clip or a 5 sec. sample video clip from your camera. Some cameras do have that black line that I have seen.

Hmm, you're absolutely right and I had never noticed that before. The black line was there all the time, including in PD14, but it ws only when it turned green in PD15 that I noticed it. Before posting here about the problem I checked a scene produced with PD15 against one from PD14 and saw no black line in the latter which is why I assumed it was a PD15 problem. I've now discovered that by chance I had selected a scene taken with my other camera, which does not have the black line.

So I'm now satisfied that PD15 doesn't have a problem in this respect. It does have other problems - for example, for every clip in which I have adjusted the exposure setting, PD15 has multiplied the values I set in PD14 so hundreds of my clips are way too dark and all have to be reset But that's another issue. I wish upgrading was simple and straightforward.

Alan
jusdre313 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2022 21:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i'm getting the same thing but on the right side of myt videos
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote i'm getting the same thing but on the right side of myt videos

This is an old thread. What version of PD are you using? Have you tried producing without hardware acceleration?