Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
transition overlapping with hardware accelerator
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
You're flying! By the way, you mean 29 frames not 29 seconds laughing Edit: superfluous - tomasc just said that!

From your previous post, I took it that you were using PDR's Vimeo uploader - which means it would have been a 720p WMV @ ~8Mbps (depending on the profile selected). That alone would have created some artefacts, such as the shimmering roof tiles.

Those soft wipe transitions are less prone to motion glitches than regular fades, from my observation.

What I was going to suggest was NOT uploading via PDR, but directly to Vimeo/YouTube as you've now done.

These are superfluous now, but I made some 20 second examples showing how Vimeo deals with each:

WMV 720p HD Quality - PDR's uploader

WMV 1080p @ 12Mbps - Direct upload

MP4 1080p @ 16Mbps - Direct upload

M2TS UHD @ 30Mbps - Direct upload

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2016 02:03

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
laserdoc [Avatar]
Member Location: atlanta,ga. Joined: Sep 24, 2015 06:43 Messages: 108 Offline
[Post New]
I have know idea why the difference to produce went from 2 hours to 7 min.

Video shot with my camera was 1080p and at 30fps. I'm wondering about going to 60fps

Is vimeo better to use than youtube??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2016 05:18

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
It may have taken longer to produce if you were re-rendering as WMV (high compression), rather than the same/similar format & profile of your camera. It will take longer to produce if PDR is also rendering effects & enhancements.

Vimeo or YouTube? Different strokes - depends what you're after. Here are some others' views on that:

http://sproutsocial.com/insights/youtube-vs-vimeo-business/

http://blogs.techsmith.com/tips-how-tos/youtube-vs-vimeo-whats-the-difference/

http://mavsocial.com/vimeo-vs-youtube-online-video-platform/

Cheers - Tony
laserdoc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: You're flying! By the way, you mean 29 frames not 29 seconds laughing Edit: superfluous - tomasc just said that!

From your previous post, I took it that you were using PDR's Vimeo uploader - which means it would have been a 720p WMV @ ~8Mbps (depending on the profile selected). That alone would have created some artefacts, such as the shimmering roof tiles.

Those soft wipe transitions are less prone to motion glitches than regular fades, from my observation.

What I was going to suggest was NOT uploading via PDR, but directly to Vimeo/YouTube as you've now done.

These are superfluous now, but I made some 20 second examples showing how Vimeo deals with each:

WMV 720p HD Quality - PDR's uploader

WMV 1080p @ 12Mbps - Direct upload

MP4 1080p @ 16Mbps - Direct upload

M2TS UHD @ 30Mbps - Direct upload

Cheers - Tony

Tony, Which is better if I want to upload straight to you tube or viemo. MP4 or the M2TS option.

Im thinking alot of the time issue was the enhancements I did where I applied to all option. I went back and got rid of those enhancements and bam!! 2 + hours turned into 7 min.
ynotfish
[Post New]
MP4 or M2TS? 6 of one - half a dozen of the other. For my home productions, I generally use M2TS but typically MP4 for YouTube uploads.

Upload a couple of test pieces - MP4 & M2TS - & see what works best for you.

Here are two, both 1920x1080 @ 16Mbps:

M2TS

MP4

Much of a muchness.

Cheers - Tony
laserdoc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Which transition do you use and the duration
Both look good. Really can't see a big difference. Do you film at 30 fps or 60 fps
ynotfish
[Post New]
A regular old Fade transition - Overlap type - set at 1 sec. I only made it 1 sec because I was trying to replicate your timeline a bit. Usually, if I use transitions, they're shorter - 15-20 frames.
laserdoc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm still wondering why I had issues with the fade transitions Might have been several things. The enhancements I made. The duration I had left at 2 sec then dropped down to 29. And the crossfade, maybe. May go back to 60 fps next time I film. But then again I may see no difference between 30 and 60.