CyberLink Community Forum
Rotating video clips  XML
Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Author Message
Ken

Newbie

Joined: 13/07/2006 06:30:41
Messages: 3
Offline

I am wondering if there is a way to rotate video clips within PowerDirector, or do I have to do that in another program such as Windows Movie Maker and then back into PowerDirector?
TJ

Newbie

Joined: 13/07/2006 06:29:11
Messages: 2
Location: Ohio
Offline

Ken,
By "rotate" I assume you mean change the order of the clips? All you have to do is choose the clip you want first and drag to timeline. Next clip, drag and so on. If you mean something else by "rotate" then I don't know how to answer!

TJ

Tesa Jordan
taichigirl@metroe
[Email] [WWW]
Bratcher

Newbie

Joined: 13/07/2006 07:26:52
Messages: 1
Offline

I too would like to rotate video clips. Sometimes I have taken a clip with the cam sideways. Question is how do I rotate do that the clip is correct and not sideways?

Thanks
Bob
faenwyn

Newbie
[Avatar]
Joined: 13/07/2006 08:52:47
Messages: 5
Location: Louisiana
Offline

Do you mean make it run backwards like in Sony Vegas? I want that too!!!
[WWW]
MikiMouse

Newbie

Joined: 13/07/2006 20:01:34
Messages: 21
Location: St. Louis
Offline

Try the "Rotate Canvas" in the Effect pool. Apply the effect on the Effect track. You can adjust the rotate angle in the "Modify" setting.
Ken

Newbie

Joined: 13/07/2006 06:30:41
Messages: 3
Offline

Thanks MikiMouse! That is exactly what I was trying to do. You made my day!

Ken
Mantas

Newbie

Joined: 07/12/2006 13:49:22
Messages: 4
Offline

Sorry people, can you write in details how to do this , rotate clips ?

Thanks
Debashish

Newbie

Joined: 19/02/2012 20:38:23
Messages: 1
Offline

Actually when I rotate clips using that method, it crops out the top and lower parts of my video to fit it like that. Any way to resolve this issue?
scoobys-photography

Newbie

Joined: 07/02/2013 02:44:25
Messages: 1
Offline

Thanks been trying for hours, selected the clip i wanted to rotate then went to effects room and click on rotate.
[WWW]
Carl312

Senior Contributor

Joined: 16/03/2010 17:11:20
Messages: 6733
Location: Texas, USA
Offline

Ken wrote:I am wondering if there is a way to rotate video clips within PowerDirector, or do I have to do that in another program such as Windows Movie Maker and then back into PowerDirector?

It easy to rotate a clip in Powerdirector, how to do that depends on what version of Powerdirector you have.

Powerdirector 9 and above is click and drag the top of the blue circle in the preview.

Powerdirector 8 and below, you must put the video on one of the PIP tracks. Main track does not rotate except by a effect.


EDIT:
I should have said to put the clip on the timeline and select the clip mode to get the blue circle.

toleary79 posted a demo.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/05/2014 18:07:44


Windows 7 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB,WD 1TB HD C free space greater than 100GB
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
Not responsible for any harm that may come to your wallet
markymark292

Newbie

Joined: 05/02/2012 11:18:00
Messages: 2
Offline

Carl312 wrote:
Ken wrote:I am wondering if there is a way to rotate video clips within PowerDirector, or do I have to do that in another program such as Windows Movie Maker and then back into PowerDirector?

It easy to rotate a clip in Powerdirector, how to do that depends on what version of Powerdirector you have.

Powerdirector 9 and above is click and drag the top of the blue circle in the preview.

Powerdirector 8 and below, you must put the video on one of the PIP tracks. Main track does not rotate except by a effect.



What blue circle in preview? I cannot see anything and I am using Powerdirector 9. Please help as this is annoying me.
[Thumb - PD9.JPG]
 Filename PD9.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description I cannot see a blue cirlce to rotate
 Filesize 97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  337 time(s)

HalCon

Senior Contributor

Joined: 01/03/2008 07:36:09
Messages: 694
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Offline

markymark292,

To see the blue circle Carl referred to, you must first select the clip in the time line.

In your screen shot you have selected the clip in the media library.

See attached screen-shot

Hal
[Thumb - rotatePD9.PNG]
 Filename rotatePD9.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description Rotate circle in PD9
 Filesize 508 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  768 time(s)


OS - Win7 Pro, MB - Asus P8Z77-V, CPU - Intel Core I7-3770 @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), 16g RAM, Video - ATI - HD7770, PD9 & PD10 & PD11
My YouTube
[Email] [WWW]
markymark292

Newbie

Joined: 05/02/2012 11:18:00
Messages: 2
Offline

HalCon wrote:markymark292,

To see the blue circle Carl referred to, you must first select the clip in the time line.

In your screen shot you have selected the clip in the media library.

See attached screen-shot

Hal


Thanks, this of course worked! :
toleary79

Newbie

Joined: 07/05/2014 18:16:52
Messages: 1
Offline

Check out this super short (0:30) tutorial video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2oOMHAU8sA&feature=youtu.be&hd=1
 
Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
© 2013 CyberLink Corp. All Rights Reserved. [ Terms of Services | About CyberLink | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Site Map RSS