Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 16 Error 0012
SW8812 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2016 15:10 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to play blu ray movies back on a laptop with an Intel 965 express chipset. When I tell PDVD to play the disc, it begins to load and then give me an error - 0012. The Blu Ray & 3D Blu Ray Tool says "No" for Dual Video H.264, MPEG-2, and VC-1. I have gotten playback to work with other free media programs, but I would like to get it to work with PowerDVD.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Like this? http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27705.page;jsessionid=470E6E08030C997C0BE91007AB501038 .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
SW8812 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, just like that. But I tried both the ”latest” graphics installation from HP and the actual latest drivers for the graphics chipset - which Windows 10 installed upon installation.
SW8812 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried the other two "brand name" media center softwares and neither could play back blu ray. As I mentioned previously, two of the popular free media playback programs worked, but they cannot display the disc menus. They load straight to the main feature. Note necessarily a bad thing. I came across a lesser known program for blu ray playback and it works perfectly, including menus. I don't know if this is an overlooked bug with Windows 10 because there seem to be a lot of reports of users who took advantage of the free upgrade and have been unable to play blu rays afterwards. I'll hope that Cyberlink finds a solution in a future update because PowerDVD has been my favorite media program with the least number of problems up until now. I suppose it's possibly an issues with the Intel 965 Express Chipset, because my other laptop with Intel Mobile 4500 integrated graphics works fine. Both computers have the WDDM 1.1 driver. Perhaps a BIOS update would be a solution, but I just upgraded hardware and with how difficult it has been to get it all working, I am reluctant to update the BIOS.