Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 13 Constantly Crashes on Production All Formats All Resolutions
Uncle Blackey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2015 23:56 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PD13 for a year. I did one large elaborate 48 minute video in December and was able to produce a 49 minute MP4 @1920x1080 since then I've only produces small 2-3 minute videos, usually takes 2-3 attempts. I have a 39 minute video I've been trying to produce and I can't get beyond 1-4 minuites without a crash. This is on all formats and all resolutions. I've tried literally 20-30 times, scoured forums, tried uninstalling Geforce Experience, setting priority, regedit setting HKEY Cyberlink CES Functional Data settings to (0) etc etc etc. Editing runs smooth, can't produce. I'm guessing theres an Nvidia conflict somewhere. Open to all sugestions.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
194 time(s)
[Thumb - Crash Report.png]
 Filename
Crash Report.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
29 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Please provide a screenshot of the Edit workspace with your project insitu. See Part E & F in the guide.

The diagnostic looks incomplete, no nfo in the lower section.

i5 may struggle with HD video. I'm wondering if you have Shadow Edit files being generated and you're starting to edit before they're all completed.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2016 17:25

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: i5 may struggle with HD video. I'm wondering if you have Shadow Edit files being generated and you're starting to edit before they're all completed.

I have to take issue with you there, Dafydd. I'm running an i5 and it seems to be able to cope perfectly well with HD (not 4K, obviously). If fact I built the system specifically for editing HD and had to use an i5 due to budget limitations.

Secondly, the OP commented that his editing runs smoothly and he only has problems producing. Surely if he had uncompleted shadow file generation it would be his editing that would be affected.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2016 17:27

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Fenman,
Take issue, yeah, no problem.

I'm aware of the "production" rather than editing as being the issue mentioned. Shadow File generation throws up strange effects when the files are incomplete. I want to view what the OP has/is editing.

Please address the OP's issue. I'm fishing for useful information at the moment.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 03. 2016 17:27

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, well his system looks marginally more powerful than mine plus he said that he successfully produced a 49-minute HD project last December so I would suggest that his problem does not lie with his hardware. In my opinion it's more likely that some software update in the interim period might be responsible. As you'll probably be aware I've frequently counselled against allowing Windows, and other applications, to perform automatic silent updates for that reason. This is particularly pertinent in the case of the NVidia graphics drivers.

I'm guessing his System Restore points won't go back to December but he could try performing a System Restore to the earliest one he has available. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I've tried literally 20-30 times, scoured forums, tried uninstalling Geforce Experience, setting priority, regedit setting HKEY Cyberlink CES Functional Data settings to (0) etc etc etc. Editing runs smooth, can't produce. I'm guessing theres an Nvidia conflict somewhere. Open to all sugestions.

A system restore as suggested by Fenman should fix it. Uninstall the Geforce Experience if you have it installed. The pc should perform like it did in December of last year.

If you only recently upgraded to the 64 bit of win 7 then you can update to the latest nvidia graphics driver dated 8-30-2016 and again install it without the Geforce Experience. In the Preferences/Hardware Acceleration/ Uncheck both checkboxes and produce with Fast Video Rendering Technology unchecked.

Let us know if you can produce using the sample files now in any format.

EDIT: Can't post a link here because Uncle blackey has quote disabled on his side.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 02. 2016 04:05

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi tomasc,
I have edited your post and sent you a PM.

Everyone: Here's what needs to be done, to make a quote display correctly in a post.
Select "Edit"
Look at the "Options" below in the Reply Editor and uncheck "Disable BB Code in this message".
Select "Submit"

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2016 04:14

Uncle Blackey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2015 23:56 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
My apologies for not responding earlier. I used this as an excuse to upgrade my video card. I went and purchased a ATI Radeon RX 470. Installed, and thoroughly uninstalled all Nvidia software. The good news, I did have some limited success. It was crashing during production at the 30 sec to 1-2 minute mark. My 39 minute video did finish producing after about 4-5 attempts using AVC custom @ 1920x1080 MP4. My second video at 34 minutes has not finished production though after about 20 attempts. The content of both is almost exactly the same, all video clips from an iPhone 5s. Sometimes I get to 30%- 50% and a frustrating 87%. I have the Windows Task Manager open on the performance tab. The CPU does indeed chug along at 100%. I've only attempted 1980x1080 in AVC (Custom) HEVC (Custom) and Windows Media.

Again all editing performs flawlessly, playback is usually very smooth. Production is my issue. And yes, I unchecked hardware acceleration.

Please advise, and a sincere Thank You for the help.
[Thumb - Edit Screenshot 9-2.png]
 Filename
Edit Screenshot 9-2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
434 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
28 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag 9-2.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
298 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
iphone video, more than likely variable framerate causing PD14 some issues. Simply process your video in Handbrake at a fixed framerate and then import into PD14 for editing, probably no PD14 produce issues then.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2016 00:49

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The timeline screenshot show that you start off with 4x3 still photos and it looks like your project setting is at 4:3 instead of 16:9 which comprise of the majority which are video clips. The resolution of the screenshot is too low to confirm that setting.