Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdirector 14 crush after win 10 anniversary update
[Post New]
after updreading to win 10 anniversary update pd 14 unlimited crush when trying to produse my video

when its getting to about %53 of it . i update my navidia driver and all sys drivers .

not crusing when produsing in avi format . only the mp4 format .can someone help .
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can uninstal the Geforce experience and let us know if this stops the crashing.
[Post New]
I did that same problem. I re install pd 14 no change
Maybe just do avi format then convert to mp4
marcin0218 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 04, 2015 04:06 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
This probgram is very good to editing etc. but all time crushes make it shit
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Hello: Did you uninstall GEForce Experience, if you have it installed, as Tomasc recommended? Older versions were incompatible with PD14. I haven't edited recently, but after an earlier editing job a few months back, I just uninstalled GEForece Experience, did my editing, and then reinstalled GEForce Experience. This will only apply to you if you are using Nvidia video cards.

Also Windows 10 has a "bad habit", by default, of "updating" your drivers, which, in case of video drivers, can be really problematic for PD14.

I have my Windows 10 computer, with Nvidia cards (see my specs below), instructed not to "roll back" my nVidia drivers, which I keep up-to-date. See *** this link * * * for more information on how to do that.

Since the problem began, for at least one of you, after the Anniversary Update, my guess is that the update messed with your video drivers. Get the latest video driver from your computer manufacturer's website; or, in the case of a custom computer like mine, directly from the video card manufacturer's website.

Good luck. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
marcin0218 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 04, 2015 04:06 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I dont have geforce expiernce because i dont have nvidia card.
[Post New]
after spending many hr doing what u say .
i try to prduce 3 different videos when the rendering gets to
about 55 % pd 14 crush .i try with the gigabit driver.
the navidia up to date driver . i did sfc scannow .i clean all
temp files . nothing helps . but to avi format it dose work .
to YouTube it crush .pd 14 needs an update to fix this .