Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding Tracks in PowerDirector 13
epaul72 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 24, 2016 22:22 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 13.0.3516.0

I cannot add tracks beyond a total of 4. The “Track Manager” window will not accept
any digits in the “Add ___ video track(s)” and “Add ___audio track(s)” fields. It will accept either the digits “1” or “2”
up to a total of 4 tracks. Is there any
way to add additional tracks? I need at
least one more.

I have tried to ask this question of Support, but their
input screen will not accept my Serial Number.
Does that tell me something about the product I bought from Amazon?
[Thumb - PowerDirector 1 copy.jpg]
 Filename
PowerDirector 1 copy.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
269 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
41 time(s)
 Filename
epaul72DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
298 time(s)
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Your patches are right up to date so it's a mystery.

You can see from my picture that it is possible to achieve what you need.

Was it this that you purchased: https://www.amazon.com/PowerDirector-Ultra-Day-Trial-Download/dp/B00TUFEI2W If this is it, the trial probably only allows for 4 tracks to be added. The full version allows many more tracks to be added.

I hope this helps you

Robert
[Thumb - TRACKS.png]
 Filename
TRACKS.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30. 2016 14:38

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There are many versions of PD13 made. You need click on the word powerdirector on the upper right of the screen and attach a screenshot of that about screen. I remember that the DE, LE, OEM, etc., versions only have 4 video/audio tracks for a total of 7 overall tracks.

I am unable to supply a link detailing the PD13 versions because Cyberlink changed all those previous links for PD13 to the PD14 websites instead. See this link and read all the links on the review ‘Misleading’ for the other 4 comments and the manufacturer’s comments: https://www.amazon.com/CyberLink-Media-Suite-Ultimate-Download/product-reviews/B013VG6UUS . That may be your problem.

The screenshot you attach will tell us if all is well or if more troubleshooting ahead is needed.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
I was looking at your screenshot and I think you could use fewer tracks than you are.

In track 2 and 3 and 4 you have media which will block out the lower numbered track as the scrubber passes over it. Try this: where you want track 2 to appear make a split in track 1 and insert the media from track 2. And where you want track 3 to show make another split in track 1 and insert track 3 into it and so on. This way you only need one track. Then, if you want, you can put transitions between the splits.

Splits are made by highlighting the track you want to split and then placing the scrubber where you want the split to happen and then click on "split". When you have your split drag the media you wish to insert into it.

It's just a suggestion to get you round this problem, l know it doesn't solve the issue.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
epaul72 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks to both of you Robert and tomasc. I hope that you got my responses. I thought that they would be posted as well as sent to you. But they don't seem to be posted.

Robert, your solution looks like it would work, except I'm using the inserted clips as only part of the screen. At the end of this section, I wanted to have 4 quarter screen size videos in the 4 quadrants of the screen - each one added as an overlay. I think that your solution doesn't do this (though I haven't actually tried it yet).

Thanks very much for you help.

Paul
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I'm interested in knowing what version you have -- that was asked above. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
epaul72 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Stevek, my version is : PowerDirector 13 HE3D 13.0.3516.0

Thanks for your interest. I still don't know for sure, but I believe that I bought something less than the full edition.

I didn't realize that my responses to an individual were not being posted until after I had posted a few. Now I know how the system works.

There have been 2 or 3 things that I have encountered that asked me to upgrade. I just thought that they were pitches for the latest edition. I'm still trying to have Support confirm that I have a limited edition.

Since my original post, I have figured out how to do what I want to do with the limited number of tracks. It would be nice to have an unlimited number.

You're no doubt not that interested, but here's what I realized late last night: I want to show in sequence 4 videos, 1 in each of the 4 quadrants of a background image. With the limited number of tracks, I can't post the videos individually on new tracks because I run out of tracks just before the video for the 4th quadrant. But the 4th video can be brought up on the first track because the original background image is no longer needed when the 4th quadrant is filled. Like I said, you're probably not all that interested. But it looks as if this is a solution to my current problem.

Thanks again. I'm always happy to have someone offer help of any kind.

Paul
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
That HE designation may indicate a limited edition or an OEM. I can't find anyhtng on it but I wouldnot be surprised.

Where did you get it? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
epaul72 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, stevek.

I got my Media Suite 13 disc from Amazon.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
SteveK, I did find this in Cyberlink FAQs.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=18499&prodId=186&prodVerId=-1&CategoryId=-1&keyword=Media Suite 13

It seems the HE did not mean OEM version this time. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

epaul72 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your input Carl. I still don't have a definite answer to my original question, but I have learned a lot - especially about using this forum. And since I have found a way around the problem, the forum experience and knowledge of Cyberlink versions have made me happy that I posed the question.

Paul