Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing Background Color of Titles
cik56 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2006 15:23 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I am a new user to Power Director 14 and am having change a new title to my project and changing the background title color. Virtually all of the preset titles have a black background. I know how to change the font, font size and color.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
In title editor the background can be altered. Win 10, i7
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You can put a Color Board in track 1 and the title in track 2, You can select any color for a color board, which would change the color of the Title background. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Virtually all of the preset titles have a black background

That "black" isn't black at all. It's transparent. Whatever clip or image you have in a lower numbered track will be visible, with your title overlaid. See attached image.

If you want a coloured background, you can add one as HDedit & Carl have described.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Title Transparent back.png]
 Filename
Title Transparent back.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
453 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
323 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
cik56 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. Is there any way to change the speed of the Text Starting or Ending effects?
cik56 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have placed a title and a color board on a different tracks but when I playback the movie preview the color board (which is purple) overwrites the the title text which is white. I don't see a function that will allow you to overlay one track over the other.

I simply want a title with text and a non-black background. This seems basic and have used other video editing programs but this one is a challenge.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi cik56 -

The title must be in a higher numbered track. Example shown in attached screenshot.

You adjust the timing of title effects by sliding the keyframe bars - also shown in attached image.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Title over Colour.png]
 Filename
Title over Colour.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
106 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
290 time(s)

PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
cik56 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. Its a shame any of these basic editing techniques are not easy found in the manual.

Is there a way to organize your media in your project with folders and subfolders for music, photos, videos, etc.?
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you. Its a shame any of these basic editing techniques are not easy found in the manual.

Is there a way to organize your media in your project with folders and subfolders for music, photos, videos, etc.?

It's best if you start a New Topic but as a Newbie you're forgiven.

1. On left hand side in the Media Room there is an indent >

2. Open this

3. Use the + button to add and name your folders
[Thumb - PD14 folder.png]
 Filename
PD14 folder.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
165 time(s)
[Thumb - PD14 folder 1.png]
 Filename
PD14 folder 1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
147 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 21. 2016 05:56

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Neil, I didn't know that... Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
CubsWin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2017 12:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm struggling with this topic.

I'm trying to put a white background behind a logo. I've looked at Tiltle cards, fX, etc. Can't figure it out.

Mentioned above is a color card? How do I do that?

Could you add steps, screen shots, or a youtube video? I've looked and can't find it.

FYI, I'm on PD13

Thanks so much for your help.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm struggling with this topic.

I'm trying to put a white background behind a logo. I've looked at Tiltle cards, fX, etc. Can't figure it out.

Could you add steps, screen shots, or a youtube video? I've looked and can't find it.

FYI, I'm on PD13

Is your logo a .PNG file? Can you give a little more detail, please.

If it sounds that colour board would do the job, you can get one in the Media Library. At the top click on "Media Content" and then on colour boards - the white one is at the bottom. When you have found it, drag it to the timeline and place it in track1 with your logo in track 2, directly below the board

I hope this works for you

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
CubsWin [Avatar]
[Post New]
The image is a jpg but I can convert to a png. Logo is rectangular so I want to fill the rest of the screen with a white background.

I clicked on the section you mentioned and I see the color backgrounds.

I'll try that.

FYI, I'm on PD13

If it sounds that colour board would do the job, you can get one in the Media Library. At the top click on "Media Content" and then on colour boards - the white one is at the bottom. When you have found it, drag it to the timeline and place it in track1 with your logo in track 2, directly below the board

Robert
CubsWin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Got it to work.

Thank you!

Quote The image is a jpg but I can convert to a png. Logo is rectangular so I want to fill the rest of the screen with a white background.

I clicked on the section you mentioned and I see the color backgrounds.

I'll try that.

FYI, I'm on PD13

Robert