Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tracking Motion mask regional issue
KainSkybrace [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2016 22:20 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

I'm trying to remove the background of a character, to put another one.

I'm using the regional mask + tracking motion to create the mask around the character, and I put the background in green. I've adjusted it image per image to really fit the character.

When I return in PowerDirector, I'm using the chromatic key to have the bakcground transparent.

All that works, but the border of my mask is really not clear. Furthemore, it seems to have a lag between my character and the mask...

Did someone succeed in using that feature for that usage?

It is really important! Thank you!!
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello!

I'm using the regional mask + tracking motion to create the mask around the character, and I put the background in green. I've adjusted it image per image to really fit the character.

When I return in PowerDirector, I'm using the chromatic key to have the bakcground transparent.

All that works, but the border of my mask is really not clear. Furthemore, it seems to have a lag between my character and the mask...

Hello,

The automatic motion tracking is really weak. After working frame by frame one expect in PD that the work will be done but no, it just does not do the job. Nothing compared to Adobe After Effects... .

Hope the next CD will improve that and do the job greatly... . Cross fingers... .

Alain II ;~(
KainSkybrace [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2016 22:20 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you, it is what I feared...

I will test Adobe After Effect. It is sad because I bought CD for that usage.

Thank you!
petermg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2016 01:49 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you, it is what I feared...

I will test Adobe After Effect. It is sad because I bought CD for that usage.

Thank you!

I'm experiencing HORRID results with this same feature.. I'll look into AAE. COMON CYBERLINK!!!! FIX IT!!
William976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2016 01:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello!

You got much farther than I did. I was able to create the motion tracker mask in CD, reverse the mask, and I ran motion tracker, but now I'm stuck. How in the world do I apply this adjustment to the video??? there is no option other than to save as a preset. Help text and tutorials tell me nothing. They get me up to this point and assume I know what to do next. I'm an idiot. I need step by step instructions. Anybody help. please!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I got motion tracking to work by following this tutorial from Maliek for step by step instructions : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/49800.page#post_box_286656 . Wildlife.wmv is the windows sample video file on your pc.

See the attachment on what can be accomplished.
 Filename
MotionTrac.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
Motion Tracking mask + chroma key
 Filesize
3787 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
440 time(s)
William976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2016 01:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I got motion tracking to work by following this tutorial from Maliek for step by step instructions : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/49800.page#post_box_28tu6656 . Wildlife.wmv is the windows sample video file on your pc.

See the attachment on what can be accomplished.

Thanks so much. Maliek's tutorials are the greatest. He is always my first "goto" when I have a problem. Don't know how I missed this one but it got me where I needed to be.