Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 and .MOV terrible renders
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am going to submit a video to an artists call and they are asking for '.MOV Quick Time' At the request of the rendering bit of PD14 I duly downloaded Apple Quick Time, only to find that it is actually adware!!

But I carried on and rendered my video at the highest "quality" only to find that it was pixelated and smeary, what a joke!!

So what to do ... uninstalled the Apple Crap ... rendered the video as an HQ MP4 and converted it to a .MOV using Any Video Converter which made a very good job of it.

Has anyone else experienced this and why is it that AVS can convert a file without the Apple Crap and PD14 cannot?

Cheers - Jem
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am going to submit a video to an artists call and they are asking for '.MOV Quick Time' At the request of the rendering bit of PD14 I duly downloaded Apple Quick Time, only to find that it is actually adware!!

Apple Quicktime should already be installed on your pc along with the installation of PD14. Without it you can't do mov, h.264, and mp4 files. If you need it then you need to go to the Apple website to get it. What probably happened is that you did a search, went to a different website. downloaded a repackaged quicktime package filled with malware that you can't get rid off. You got scared and uninstalled the quicktime but stll could not uninstall the malware that is left behind. Your PD14 is limited now without the needed Quicktime for it to function properly.

You could have opened the QT player, go pro and pay the $30 and then be able to do all sort of mov file conversions without seeking out a freeware or other converter. Any Video Converter is not free. It is more like trialware.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Tomasc,

I do recall now when I loaded PD14 that it asked if I wanted to install QuickTime you are quite right. Sadly though my previous experience of QT was not very good, even more adverts as I recall, so I declined the offer.

Ah well I thought here we go again and downloaded it from: http://www.apple.com/uk/quicktime/download/ with the result in my first post. Which I might add was a typically bloated file size and poor quality product of Apple software.

As for AVC well, may I point out with great respect to you that it is not trialware but entirely free and can be downloaded here: http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Incidentally I use Photoshop CS6 and I have a friend whom I am teaching to do digital montages, he spent what to me is a small fortune on an Apple computer. My bog standard Tosh laptop opens faster and processes Ps files faster. I used to think that Apples were the bees knees now I think its computing with one arm tied behind your back.

Sad that a once renowned company has to stoop to advertising on its product to survive.

Cheers - Jem
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There appear to be many companies selling a any video converter. Many users would appreciate your link to the free one.

Would like others to chime in and explain if they got a malware bundle from installing QT during the installation of PD14 and how does it affect the computer. I would like to be educated about this.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: There appear to be many companies selling a any video converter. Many users would appreciate your link to the free one.

Format Factory
Super
Handbrake

Just a few with the all free status and mentioned in the forums many times. Since CL still sells Espresso 7, one must mention that as a option.

Jeff
glowx231 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2015 12:06 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately you need Quicktime Player.

To avoid installing apple & other junk, get it from ninite:

https://ninite.com/quicktime/

Then go into msconfig to be sure it's not auto-updating!

Handbrake is the gold standard for conversion. The presets are usually fine.