Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Two questions, one about AMD and one about re-installing
calum123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2013 05:30 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Im swapping my GTX770 for an AMD R9 390x
Will this be OK with PD14?

Im also going to get a SSD and install Win 10 on it. This will require a reinstall of PD14 on it. How does this work with prouct keys etc?

Thanks.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The AMD card should work well with PD14. You should be able to reinstall PD14 the same way you installed it the first time with the key code they supplied you with.
calum123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Perfect!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The AMD card should work well with PD14. You should be able to reinstall PD14 the same way you installed it the first time with the key code they supplied you with.

Maybe, I'm not sure of the OP users typical rendering procedure, here is a little experience with the R9 380 with HA encoding and it is less than desirable. If you don't use HA encoding, any mid to higher end GPU, AMD/Nvidia will really work reasonable well/the same with PD14.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45474.page#234931

The new Crimson Edition drivers or PD14 r2302 make no improvements to the bitrate issue mentioned in the above thread. HA is available and it does function, just not the production results one would like.

Jeff
calum123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmm. I don't care about speed at all. Just interested in quality. If I can still get perfect quality at slower processing times. I'm perfectly happy.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hmm. I don't care about speed at all. Just interested in quality. If I can still get perfect quality at slower processing times. I'm perfectly happy.

Just make sure to always use CPU encoding then for projects that need to be encoded or the quality you are interested in will in fact suffer.

Jeff
calum123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK thanks. That's econding with none of the fast stuff ticked yeah?
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: OK thanks. That's econding with none of the fast stuff ticked yeah?

Correct, these two areas in pic.

One can also simply verify on your system that the same bitrate quality issue appears and you don't get the properties you produced to. MediaInfo or even PD properties of produced clip in the media library will give the info you need. CL may fix in the future too.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD14_HA.png]
 Filename
PD14_HA.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
92 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
122 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2015 19:20