Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm not able to click SVRT option
DeltaForce64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2015 09:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I can't click the fast rendering SVRT option in PD14, its greyed out

here is my source video settings (a video game, captured by Bandicam recorder) H.264 (AMD APP) 1280.720 30fps bitrate total 4102Kbps. My system: Windows 7 64bit AMD R9 270 Graphics card (for some reason PD14 shows my H264 video as MPEG4 codec dunno why, it is normal?)

I didnt added any text or anything, its 4minute video, I already disabled "enable preview during rendering" and enabled "show SVRT bar" in timeline (I tested 10+ minute videos too within same settings , they also not worked)

my target output 1280-720 30fps (created custom profile) CABAC, Progressive, exact same bitrate as source 4102Kpbs Main profile

In "Produce" SVRT option is un-clickable, only "Hardware-based rendering" is selected automatically and I trying to do that in H264 AVC option, none of them worked, its all red bar in timeline. (also enabled IDR H264 rendering in user settings)

I downloaded this software (trial version- fully same as full version, no limits only H265 is not available) because I heard this program faster than sony movie studio which is true it seems, Because I do long gaming videos for my youtube account, SVRT option can be really useful for me, so please help, any advice is greatly appreciated

Thank you

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 04. 2015 10:07

DeltaForce64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2015 09:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
oh I see this now

"Get the latest version of PowerDirector and enjoy exciting new features!
•Latest Format Support - 4K Ultra HD, AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265, FLAC and AVCHD"

so this the problem? MPEG4 is the issue in my case? its a trial version so PD14 shows as MPEG4 due to limit and as a result I can't use SVRT?

I have no problems buying this software, I probably buy it soon anyway, just anyone confirm this is the problem?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 04. 2015 10:14

All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Post a short clip for us to test it out. Win 10, i7
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
I downloaded this software (trial version- fully same as full version, no limits only H265 is not available)

Trial version does not support SVRT on H.264.

Jeff
Yirg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2015 14:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

Trial version does not support SVRT on H.264.

Jeff

Oh, this explains why I'm having difficulties with it. Makes it a bit risky to purchase the software unfortunately, as there's no way for me to guarentee that it actually works with files from my camera (Sony A77).
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
There exists a 30 day money back option if you decide to return the software. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Yirg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2015 14:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I bought the full version and SVRT now works :
[Post New]
I did buy the full version, 13 and 14 just for the SVRT and It is greyed out on mine too, Anyone have a suggestion? Remember the face of your Father.
LouisV [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 10, 2013 18:43 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem. Bought the 14 and SVRT is greyed out, but only for the 1920 x 1080.
Very strange; someone from Cyber must be able to give an explanation?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
SVRT does not work with every MP4 file. Svrt has a set of requirements to work.

Read the help in Powerdirector 14 Click the '?' on upper right. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

LouisV [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your quick response. My English is far from perfect, I'm from Belgium, so I hope you can follow what I am trying to say.
I have made a new profile - MP4 1920x1080 - and in the video settings (frametype) I have chosen for (this is a translation) the "Upper Field First" option instead of Progressive. This done, I am able to check the box and it works. Does Upper Field First means Interlaced? Don't know, but the output movie is fine and rendering is smooth.
Thank you anyway
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you for your quick response. My English is far from perfect, I'm from Belgium, so I hope you can follow what I am trying to say.
I have made a new profile - MP4 1920x1080 - and in the video settings (frametype) I have chosen for (this is a translation) the "Upper Field First" option instead of Progressive. This done, I am able to check the box and it works. Does Upper Field First means Interlaced? Don't know, but the output movie is fine and rendering is smooth.
Thank you anyway
Yes that is what Upper Field First means. The video is Interlaced. It can also be called 'Top Field First'.

Have you tried intelligent SVRT? It is in the Produce Module. That may get you a working profile. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

LouisV [Avatar]
[Post New]
The original format of my homemovies is m2ts. Intelligent SVRT chooses automatically and logically AVC (m2ts). Changing the extension (after encoding) to mp4 works fine (when viewing on computer). I have to test this file on my Sony Bravia TV (is very picky/choosy concerning media-extensions). I think it is a hardware/software problem (Nvidia). Planning to buy a more powerful system (i7-5820K and gtx960 ). When I encounter then the same problems I will contact you again.
Thank you again for you good advices (to me and all others).
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
New members, Please start a new topic for your question or issue rather than adding to another editor's thread. Members are keen to assist and will see your new post.

Thread closed to stop further "hijacking"

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2016 11:58