Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD13 Magic+PD SOLUTION for editing headaches like skips, lags and freezes!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is exciting news, and all the details can be found in the main *thread* on the PD14 forum. This new approach will work with any version of PD, but I started with PD14 and it's difficult to copy everything from the start of that thread over to here frown

If you have any comments, questions or results related to PD13, please post them here so we can keep the threads related to their respective versions. The other team members and I will monitor both threads.

Thanks!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 23. 2016 19:34

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Fellow 4k'ers and anybody else suffering from juddering, skipping and a freezing timeline.

Don't be shy about following this one. It really does work, and the speed knocks spots shadow files and any other file exchange methods we currently use to avoid the above.

It is extremely simple to use and the results are fantastic. Give it a try

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I will and post once I try out the 4k videos in this link: http://ultravideo.cs.tut.fi/#testsequences .
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Looking forward to it! In my testing I saw more challenges (and then more improvements) with 4k H.264 clips than with H.265.

I don't have any hardware encoding/decoding for HEVC so it was all done with the CPU. It would be great to get feedback from people with GTX 960,70,80 cards to compare the H.265 clips (where the GPU can be used) with the MagicYUV clips which don't use AVC or HEVC.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 06. 2015 15:01

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

Anybody interested in making jitterering, stuttering and freezing on the PD timeline a thing of the past should turn their attention to the STICKY PD13 Magic+PD SOLUTION for editing headaches like skips, lags and freezes! now on the PD14 forum.

With nearly a thousand views already, the content of the sticky offers the reader an oportunity to eliminate all the skipping and jittering on the PD timeline caused by the high bitrates of 4K and full HD. The program is particularly good at improving editing capabilities when using POWER TOOLS to rotate, crop and make speed adjustments.

If you haven't already done so, have a look at the post, read it with an open mind, and then give it a try. If you suffer from the timeline problems described you will not be disappointed. A simple download is all that you need to get going and achieve a less stressful edit.

Please note the program works just as well in PD13 or PD14

You have nothing to lose.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2015 15:01

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Just a reminder that you that if you haven't done it already, you need to check out the Magic+PD thread at https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46177.page

Make hopping, skipping and jumping a thing of the past. You have absolutely nothing to losecool

The Shadowman
[Post New]
Hi All

To make it even easier and quicker to get working with Magic+PD, a "GET YOURSELF STARTED" section has been added to the the post on the PD14 forum site @ https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46177.page

It's not too late to improve your editing experience by downloading this super little program.

Go on, make hopping, skipping, jumping and freezing a thing of the past. It's fast, it's efficent and it's incredibly easy to use.

Thanks for readingcool