Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Content Packs
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kent UK Joined: Dec 31, 2013 08:42 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Just downloaded and installed PD14. How can I tell whether the various content packs have installed correctly?

The process seems to have worked but I'm not sure there's much difference from what was available in PD13 or am I missing something?

Thanks

Phil
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Just downloaded and installed PD14. How can I tell whether the various content packs have installed correctly?

The process seems to have worked but I'm not sure there's much difference from what was available in PD13 or am I missing something?

Thanks

Phil
Was the Download a single file or multiple files? Powerdirector download is usually a minimum of 3 files.

There is usually the Program file and two Contents packs More if you have other included Packs.

You can look in Windows > Control Panel > Programs and Features (or the installed programs) to see if the Cyberlink Contents packs are installed for your version of Powerdirector.

You Email should have links to all of the downloads. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Phil -

It may be hard to spot the difference between PDR14 & previous installations - but there are some giveaway type clues.

First up, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\ and you should see sub-folders for PowerDirector Content Pack Essential and PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1

The Premium folder contains only new templates for PDR14

Another couple of checks in PDR14's GUI...

1. In the Media Library click Plug-ins then select Express Projects. If the premium pack is installed correctly, a series of express project templates will open... Adventure, Anniversary, Love, Action etc.

2. In the PiP Objects library, under All Content, check for a template called "Art" (animation). If it's there, the premium pack has been installed properly.

3. In Create Disc > Menu Preferences, the presence of a menu template called "Science Fiction" (blue thumbnail) is further evidence.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kent UK Joined: Dec 31, 2013 08:42 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Cheers Tony
Yes all present and correct!!

Phil