Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reversed Video Glitchy in rendered out in PD14 only
Andrew_Wolan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2012 17:45 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
In PD13, if I render a video containing a video clip configured to be played-back in reverse, the output looks fine.

With Power Director 14, the video clip will be glitched, containing black "flashes" throughout the clip.

Apparently, PD14 has a bug when using video configured to be played-back in reserve. Here is a video illustrating the glitch:

https://youtu.be/Z_gLfIZLyOo

PD14 build - Release build (Sept 2015)

PD13 build - Has last update

SRC file: 1080i (60i) 24mbps M2TS

Output file: 1080p (60p) 28mbps M2TS.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2015 23:23

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew_Wolan ,
Excellent video clearly showing an issue. I have forwarded your report to CyberLink and asked them to investigate (test).
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Andrew_Wolan ,
Following my contact with CyberLink:
Please can you contact customer support and provide your DxDiag/diagnostic file, your project's source video. Please confirm whether you used HW encoding or SW encoding or SVRT to make the video?
See guide Part B on how to produce a diagnostic file. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page
Dafydd
Andrew_Wolan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2012 17:45 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I created a ticket. CS001526655

The video was render using software-only. I did not use hardware (GPU) assisted or VSRT.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Andrew, Please let us know what replies you receive.
Dafydd
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
I tried the video in reverse effect in a clip I edited earlier this evening. It's a bit finnicky but the result is reasonable. The clip I was using reverse on was that of my niece in the pool at my brother's place during Xmas 1998(when she was 8 years old. My then-24-year-old nephew was in the pool with her and she was getting up on his shoulders to throw over into the pool. The reversal was for comic effect as she'd splash into the pool(forward motion), then go back to her brother's shoulder(reverse). this repeated a few times gets the necessary comic effect I was after.

To achieve this, I took 2 full seconds of video clip, splitting at the beginning and end of that portion, copied the portion to clipboard, then, pushing the rest of the video along the timeline to make some room, pasted the portion 7 times into the space I provided(total - 14 seconds). On the 2nd, 4th and 6th paste, I applied the "video reverse" effect. It looked a bit patchy in preview but came up okay after final render. The trick is, have at least 1 second's worth of video(25 frames) for the video in reverse effect, paste in as often as wanted but make sure it's an odd number(3, 5, 7, 9,11 times, and so on) but don't overdo it! The comic effect gets a bit tiresome after too many applications. The reason for the odd number is because the last portion should play forward, to match the rest of the video as you come out of the effect. The formula is simple = 1st, 3rd, 5th & so on play forward, 2nd, 4th, 6th & so on play in reverse.

Situations that lend themselves to this effect are: diving into a pool, blowing out candles on a birthday cake, falling off a surfboard or snow-skis, pouring liquid(beer, cola, wine, etc.) into a glass, a plane taking off.... Your imagination would give you more possibilities.

Cheers!

Neil.

When I said "This evening", I was going by Australian east coast daylight savings time. This website operates in a USA time zone(not sure which one, east coast, central or west coast) and it was early morning in that zone while being early evening or late afternoon here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2015 06:36

David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2012 21:03 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I've had the identical problem as Andrew - PowerDirector 14 (Windows 7 Quadcore machine) produces Reverse Video with numerous black screen glitches. On a single 10 sec clip - with NO other clips in the entire Library or on any tracks - I get between 6 and 10 such breaks in what is produced. This occurs whether I use SVRT or not.
Is this feature generally unusable? I've lost hours on it. Thanks!
David [Avatar]
[Post New]
I would have attached a DxDiag report, but couldn't figure out how or where this is done! The only button on my screen is "Submit"... -- and that's without using "Quick Reply".
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, David.

I haven't had the glitch that you've described, but I have noticed that if I try to put in more than one instance of my comic forward/reverse/forward effect, when rendering, will get through the first instance okay but rendering will screech to a halt on the second instance. But I think I may have a solution, in the clip(s) that will be processed to include the comic effect, create the effect then render that(those) clip(s) on its(their) own, then insert the produced clip(s) into the video at the point you intended the original unaffected clip(s) to be inserted(as if you were going to create the effect after assembling your movie). Admittedly I havent't done this myself, as yet, as I've only just now thought of the method.

Cheers!

Neil.

Hoping everyone had a great new year!
David [Avatar]
[Post New]
Boy, Cyberlink's Tech Support is really disappointing. Take a look at their response to my request for help with glitchy video reverse in PD14 - they offer suggestions for improving AUDIO! This is "support"??!? Any FORUM readers have any suggestions for my problem? Thanks, --David

THE EXCHANGE:

My Inquiry Information
•Ticket ID: CS001559869
•Related Product: PowerDirector
Subject: Power Director 14 Video Reverse is full of glitches
2016/01/03 07:46

•You have one reply from the CyberLink Customer Support Team, at 2016/01/03 02:24

2016/01/02 20:20

1. This site won't let me upload a .txt DxDiag file!
2. Even when I isolate just a 10 sec. video without any sound, and try to use Video Reverse and produce it by itself, I get a half dozen or more black screen flashes - making the clip unusable.

HERE IS CYBERLINK's TECH SUPPORT RESPONSE:

Customer Support Response 2016/01/03 02:24

Dear David ,

Thank you for contacting Cyberlink Technical Support.

I understand that you are facing no sound problem after producing video with PowerDirector 14....

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Boy, Cyberlink's Tech Support is really disappointing. Take a look at their response to my request for help with glitchy video reverse in PD14 - they offer suggestions for improving AUDIO! This is "support"??!? Any FORUM readers have any suggestions for my problem? Thanks, --David

THE EXCHANGE:

My Inquiry Information
•Ticket ID: CS001559869
•Related Product: PowerDirector
2016/01/03 07:46

•You have one reply from the CyberLink Customer Support Team, at 2016/01/03 02:24

2016/01/02 20:20

1. This site won't let me upload a .txt DxDiag file!
2. Even when I isolate just a 10 sec. video without any sound, and try to use Video Reverse and produce it by itself, I get a half dozen or more black screen flashes - making the clip unusable.

HERE IS CYBERLINK's TECH SUPPORT RESPONSE:

Customer Support Response 2016/01/03 02:24

Dear David ,

Thank you for contacting Cyberlink Technical Support.

I understand that you are facing no sound problem after producing video with PowerDirector 14....

Yep, Clearly Cyberlink themselves clearly haven't got a clue, David! It's those on this forum website who are the clued-up people to turn to. Where would Cyberlink be without Dafydd, Cranston, Carl312, Barry The Crab, Ynotfish and all the others who put in so much of their own time(and possibly, their own money) to get this forum to where it is today? Hey gang, give yourselves a collective "pat on the back" for a job exceedingly well done!

Cheers!

Neil.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04. 2016 04:20

Klavertje [Avatar]
Member Location: Herwijnen - Holland Joined: Jun 12, 2011 10:17 Messages: 84 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem here.

It happend not in Pd13 and now I have upgraded to 14 the reversed video is glitchy

Is there a good and solid sollution already, or.......

Danny van Klaveren PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
Panasonic SD900 video camera