Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Who has used the NEW screen capture featue of PDR14, with an action game or other use?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Video editors,

I'm curious to know the reaction of gamers who record their video action using PDR14's newest screen capture feature?

Non-gamer reaction is important to, write a review of what you think?

How about showing members your video, add a link to your PDR14 screen capture video in your review?

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2015 06:10

Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd!
I have used it several times and its more comfortable than Camtasia I used to have. PD's records directly into folder, no time have to wait something etc. Lets say: its much easier to use

P.S. Only game I play is Solitaire

One link comes here:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2015 09:00

PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank Andres, smart video.
[Post New]
I just upgraded after testing the screen capture on my Toshiba Qosmio X500-Q930X laptop. The laptop has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M in it and I can record 1920x1080 smooth as butter. When I try it on my home system, which has an AMD Radeon HD 5870, it is a bit laggy recording 1920x1200. I am on a quest to find out what is causing the lag. There is also pixelation when I rotate the 3D camera. I am recording Second Life, which uses OpenGL. I'll post my findings as soon as I know more.

UPDATE - On my laptop, I noticed I was getting mic (secondary input) cutouts for a fraction of a second at regular intervals. I disabled Aero in Windows and reduced the size from 1920x1080 to something smaller and the cutouts stopped. But I have had numerous crashes with the screen recorder. I'm not sure if it's because I'm recording a 3D application or if it's just a bug. Time will tell. I am going to experiment with it on my home PC and see if I can get better results.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2015 11:09

[Post New]
Have used it once. Easy to use and no problem seen. ---
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Freth ,
Interesting. I think you should post your laptop issue as a new topic. Please add a diagnostic file.

I look forward to your new post
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi new2pdr ,
Excellent, thank you for the info.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd, any insight, is this new unwanted Cyberlink Mirror Driver on some platforms as a display adapter associated with the screen capture functionality? Looks to be part of PD14 install.

Jeff
[Thumb - CL_Mirror_Driver.png]
 Filename
CL_Mirror_Driver.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
53 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
191 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2015 20:14

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Freth -

The audio dropout issue when enabling "High Performance Mode" is definitely system related - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45618.page#235572

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi JL_JL ,
Please start a new topic for your question/issue.
Dafydd
Loe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2010 10:27 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Its a very poor add on.

Some programs/games have a load screen and then switch to the game/program. This recorder has a fault, other recorders solved years ago.

It basically does not monitor the aero desktop (dwm)properly ?? so it records the sound of the game but not the screen.it just shows the loading screen. Using high performance mode doesnt change that.

i got round this by running the game (Microsoft flight Simulator X) in window mode which of course shows the desktop borders etc. Also the few shortcut F keys provided arent enough to control the recorder as they conflict with command keys elsewhere.

.this recorder is very poor indeed.

I will stick with Fraps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2015 15:43

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Loe, well written feedback for CyberLink to take note of. I've passed it on.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2015 04:05

Loe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2010 10:27 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Video editors,

I'm curious to know the reaction of gamers who record their video action using PDR14's newest screen capture feature?

Non-gamer reaction is important to, write a review of what you think?

How about showing members your video, add a link to your PDR14 screen capture video in your review?

Dafydd

This screen recorder really does seem to be way behind other such products. I am now very surprised indeed that such a poor capture utility was bundled with an excellent product as PWD14

my latest bug of several is that it records the pointer if you have it on the screen. Now, you may not know your pointer is there as it will have been blacked by the playing program you are recording from, but this screen recorder shows the pointer throughout the entire recording unless you deliberately move it off screen. There is no way to instruct the utility NOT to record the pointer.

i am truly disappointed. expected better from cyberlink
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
My one question(I'm due to receive my PD14 Ultra), as well as the video action on the screen, does it also capture the audio? A third-party video editing suite I have also on my computer features "screen capture" but does not capture the audio. I tried it once and was greatly disappointed when I got the image but no sound! (Bugger!).

From a soon-to-be Power Director 14 Ultra user!

Neil.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Neil,
Check you've selected "StereoMix" as your audio for screen audio capture (any screen capture software). You may also need to make changes/selections via your Control Panel.

W10 issue - more on this if it applies.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2015 07:49

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Dafydd!

Likely I'll sort that out when I get hold of the package containing my PD14 Ultra installation disc(and any other material it may contain).

Cheers!

Neil.
Raetac
Newbie Location: Adelaide Australia Joined: Sep 02, 2008 16:02 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Well I'm starting to use it now with fairly good restults, better quality and smoother footage than most software I've got to record a very CPU intensive game I'm covering now.

Only gripe I have is the windows mouse pointer in all capture modes as you see in the video, yes I have tried them all. I'll live with it as PD14 plays really nicely with the footage after the fact. Dropped my in editing crashes by 75% or more www.youtube.com/raetacrages
Mark DG3
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Dec 14, 2015 20:15 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone,
I was wanting to know can PD14 new Screen Capture be used for capturing my Triple Screens 5760x1080 resolution. At the moment I use FRAPS to record then import into PD12 to edit and export to You Tube.
thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Mark DG3,
I'd say, keep using Fraps for your triple screen video capture. I tried the screen recorder just now on a dual set up and it fails. The dafault settings are not allowing me to capture an expanded window.
Dafydd
Mark DG3
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Dec 14, 2015 20:15 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Mark DG3,
I'd say, keep using Fraps for your triple screen video capture. I tried the screen recorder just now on a dual set up and it fails. The dafault settings are not allowing me to capture an expanded window.
Dafydd

Thanks for taking the time to reply...that's disappointing...maybe that would be something CL can put on the future 'To Do List'

regards

Mark DG3