Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to add animation to "news"-style titles
Rainu [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tallinn Joined: Sep 09, 2015 03:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hey, I have animation files to make my own animated background for title, but cant find the way to make it work. I have tried to open and modify the news-style titles, but still cant figure out where I can add my own animation. Feeling a bit stupid at the mo please help.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
If I've understood your issue correctly then I would suggest you treat the title and the animation as two separate additions and not as one.
Video animation in track 1, Title overlay in track 2 for example.
You would then save the project (pds) and reuse/insert it into another project and alter the Titles.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2015 05:11

Rainu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey, thanx. I want to do a new Title template, and I have a background animation made and all the PNG files for the animation, but some how I cant insert the animation as they have been insterted into ready-made titles, I can add only particles.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rainu -

The attached PDF file shows how you can modify existing PDR templates containing animation files. It involves replacing the existing files with your own.

The method described above is more straight forward & allows you to control the speed & duration of the animation. The drawback of building the animation files into a template is that they keep looping if duration is extended.

This title template was made using the steps described in the PDF - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124826723

This PDtoots tutorial shows the steps in more detail - https://youtu.be/Aoxs-elMuJ4

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Title Template Animation.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
701 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
643 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Rainu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanx, you have been very helpful!