Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PiP object come out from behind an object in video
kerem [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2015 19:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i've currently got an object ascending from behind the horizon, and taking its place in the sky. very similar to the sun dawning. however, i'm stuck on making part of the "sun" invisible as it should be when its below the horizon. how would i go about doing this?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi kerem -

How you'd go about that very much depends on what's moving in the clip.

If, for example, it was a static shot of a scene shot from a tripod & there was no (or very little) movement in the foreground, the job would be reasonably easy. If there's a lot of movement in the foreground, it's very difficult to pull off.

It involves a bit of masking. A very simple example of it can be seen right here - those flying objects appear to be falling into a folder but they're actually just flopping in behind an extra mask layer (the folder fronts). Here's another sample showing it done with titles, but it's the same idea.

Can you provide some more details of the clip? Maybe post a sample?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!