Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where is the "fade to black" transition? It's nowhere to be found!
pikeup45 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2015 06:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Where can I find the "fade to black" and "fade to white" transitions? I can't find those anywhere. Every other video editing program I have used has them. Why not this one? Or am I looking in all the wrong places?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2015 06:55

Dennis Sirrine
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Where can I find the "fade to black" and "fade to white" transitions? I can't find those anywhere. Every other video editing program I have used has them. Why not this one? Or am I looking in all the wrong places?

Actually noine of the video editors I have have those transitions. Just add a color panel (your choice of color) to the end of the project and add a transition you like. (link a simple fade) .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
You can actually achieve Fade to Black by carefully placing the "fade" transition to the LEFT side of the clip joint. If necessary, to extend the black effect insert a black colourboard into the clip joint first and then add the fade to the left side.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2015 15:02

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi pikeup45 -

Here's a picture of what The Shadowman suggested, minus the black color board, plus some other variants... but all done with a "Fade" transition.

All the transitions can be used in this way - as cross or overlap - as prefix or postfix.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
pikeup45 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2015 06:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Some of the eariler versions of Windows had video editing programs that I used that had fade to black and fade to white. But it seems to me in this day and age, you create your our fade to black with the sweeps and wipes. But I wish to thank those who chimed in on this topic. Your information has been most useful!

Dennis S. Dennis Sirrine
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dennis -

Yes - Windows MovieMaker has Fade to/from Black/white.

Using colour boards, that's easy to replicate in PDR.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!