Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Auto refresh rate?
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,I just started using PowerDVD and have searched everywhere for information on auto refresh rate. Do PowerDVD have this funtion? Some say that the function exists and that it will come up a message when I play my 24p movies. No message comes up for me though. I play mkv files with source 24p.

If there is not such a function, is there any alternative? Tried to use the auto frequency and AnyDVD. Did not get it to work. Know about reclock but people say that I can not get the best quality of sound. Something about it does not support Dolby? Please help me. Want to see my movies in 24p as I did before when I used mpc-hc with madvr. Madvr fixed this excellent.
Billy7 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 27, 2014 17:49 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
It is annoying but you can set windows to 24hz and it'll work as it should.
An auto refresh rate would be a lot handier. Think it messes up with 3D though.
In the nvidia control panel you can't select 1080p at 24hz if stereoscopic is enabled. Haswell 4770k watercooled @4.6 ghz. 16GB RAM,
Nvidia 980TI GTX, Marantz AV7702mk2, Apogee Duet, 3x Adam A77X, 4x Mackie MR5's, 4X Mackie CR4
Panasonic PT-AT6000e projector, 120" fixed projector screen, Panasonic ST30 50" TV.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
PowerDVD supports auto-refresh for physical discs, folder structures and ISO of DVD and BD.

Files are not yet supported

br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2015 06:20

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. I know you can change the settings in the NVIDIA control panel but do not want to change every time I see a movie or TV series.

Unfortunately, all my movies are MVK files. What is meant by fodler structures (or folder structures I guess)? Is it like the inside of an iso?

When are you planning to introduce auto-refresh for files?
Are there any other programs that you can use with PowerDVD for this function that does not degrade the quality of the video or audio?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I corrected the typo - thx!

I have no inside info of the Planning for future Versions but will Forward your Feedback to the related Team.

about the 3rd Party app - I have also no idea...

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
stewart_pk [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2014 06:36 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Working here with an AMD Radeon 6450 based card.
DellaDog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2015 12:51 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
PowerDVD supports auto-refresh for physical discs, folder structures and ISO of DVD and BD.

Files are not yet supported

br
Michael

Is there any update on when auto-refresh will be implemented for files?

Thank you