Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating animated GIF & get error 0xC0000005
Buckles [Avatar]
Member Location: Klamath Falls, OR Joined: Aug 26, 2014 17:04 Messages: 90 Offline
[Post New]
Followed Toot's instructions and got an error. See attached. I did a scan of the registry to fix, but 4 errors were not repaired.

Any suggestions that don't call for buying everybodies software? I am using Format Factory of course. Am I supposed to save my project in PowerDirector as a something other than PDS? Am I supposed to produce it before attempting to convert it to GIF?
[Thumb - Format Factory GIF file.jpg]
 Filename
Format Factory GIF file.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
463 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
178 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Followed Toot's instructions and got an error. See attached. I did a scan of the registry to fix, but 4 errors were not repaired.

Any suggestions that don't call for buying everybodies software? I am using Format Factory of course. Am I supposed to save my project in PowerDirector as a something other than PDS? Am I supposed to produce it before attempting to convert it to GIF?
Yes, you must produce. What Toot? Link please.

The file you show is the Project file for Powerdirector. It is not a video. it is the instructions of the editing you did in Powerdirector.

To make a playable Video file you go the the PRODUCE tab in Powerdirector and produce a Video, You need to know what video format you need to produce for your use.

What are you trying to do?

GIF is a Image format that can have animation. GIF is not a video file.

If you are trying to create a Animated GIF, you are using the wrong software. The GIMP is free software and has the ability to create Animated GIF files.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 13. 2015 19:04

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Buckles [Avatar]
Member Location: Klamath Falls, OR Joined: Aug 26, 2014 17:04 Messages: 90 Offline
[Post New]
I watched PD Toots tutorial on how to create a GIF file from a video, "Video into an Animated GIF." I din't notice that the tutorial produced the file and perhaps this is why I'm having a problem. As I stated earlier, I took a video clip and edited it in PowerDirector as was done in the tutorial, then opened "Format Factory," to change the video into a GIf file.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I watched PD Toots tutorial on how to create a GIF file from a video, "Video into an Animated GIF." I din't notice that the tutorial produced the file and perhaps this is why I'm having a problem. As I stated earlier, I took a video clip and edited it in PowerDirector as was done in the tutorial, then opened "Format Factory," to change the video into a GIf file.
That is because he started with a already video file (MP4). He did not produce because he had a video file to use.

In case anybody wants to view that video, I found it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugkSg7G-6DE Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Buckles [Avatar]
[Post New]
I went back in and converted an MPEG4 file an had no problem. Thanks for the clarification.