Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Stabilizer with Title Bug?
[Post New]
This is a short video (one video clip and one title).

The title shows up for a few seconds 2/3 into the clip.

The video clip has "enhanced Stabilizer" enabled (this is the key).

My system will not play this clip smoothly from the timeline, so I have to "Render Preview" it.
After "Render Preview" is done it play correctly - GREAT!

Next step choose Produce.

I use the same Custom Profile that the clip was created with initially (SVRT created) (H.264 MP4 1920x1080 30fps Progressive).

When you "enabled preview during production" you will see the issue happening.
PD renders the bit up to the title, then it renders the section with the title, then it renders the section without the title and you will see the video "jump" each time.

PD should stabilize the clip first and then add the title, instead it renders the 3 "sections" as if they where 3 separate clips, causing 2 "jumps".

When you remove the title it produces the video like it should (no "jumps").

The only way I know how to fix it is to Produce the stabilized video first and then pull it back into my project and add the title after. This should not be a necessary step.

Anyone else have this issue (then I will send it to support) - or is it just me

Will try to attach the exported project and the working and not working video clip (if it lets me)
 Filename
WithoutTitle.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
26049 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
133 time(s)
 Filename
ShotImgClip.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
21287 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
145 time(s)
 Filename
WithTitle.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
25957 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
128 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 02. 2015 23:39

Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
[Post New]
Here presented exactly what you described, using Enchanced stabilizer.

Disabling Enchanced stabilizer, has an unpleasant jelly effect.

Good news SVRT worked well for the stabilized clip.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2015 20:21

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi EKSVid -

I see what you mean by the produced clip you attached, but I'm unable to replicate the issue here.

Using a 13+ second clip with a 6 second title fading in at 4:05, I produced (i) with no stabilisation, (ii) with regular stabilisation set at 30 & (iii) with enhanced stabilisation. Each one produced without any "jumps".

During production with enhanced stabiliser, there was definitely something happening as the title started and ended. The progress bar paused at 30% for about 20 seconds before proceding, then did the same thing at 74% (i.e. where the title came & went).

BUT the produced file from scenario (iii) doesn't twitch at all.

Cheers - Tony

(and that was on the older & lesser of my PCs)
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Hi Tony - did you use my project (in the zip file attached) and has the source video - or your own clip?

To see this issue your video NEEDS to be VERY shake - like mine is, else the stabilize adjustments will not show you a "jump".

Also - the produced output must be the the same as the source format H.264 MP4 (see JL_JL comment below)

PlaySound said he was able to reproduce the issue - just like I did (Thanks PlaySound for testing!)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 02. 2015 23:41

Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
EKSVid, it's been a issue I've noticed with mp4 container for several releases, with old stabilizer as well, if mkv or m2ts containers it produces with no jumps. If those containers suite your needs, that maybe an option. You can use the same bitrate and other pertinent info..... via a custom profile if desired.

Jeff
[Post New]
Thanks JL_JL - you are 100% correct. Only when producing MP4 file do you get the issue.

I produced a mkv and it was fine.

This also explains why the "Render Preview" results plays proper - since it produces an mpeg-2 (I think).

Sigh - Another support ticket Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Well, there you go!

It never occurred to me it might be related to the container.

When I tested, I was using an .MTS clip & produced to .M2TS. Jeff's input explains why I couldn't replicate.

And yes - using your project I got exactly the same thing you did.

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
Thank you all for your input and testing!

I submitted the issue to support ( linking to this forum post).

I think it gives them all the info to get it to engineering and get it fixed.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It never occurred to me it might be related to the container.

Not generically I don't believe, I think it's only unique to PD and the MP4 container/Sony Proprietary MSNV codec which PD uses. I've also noticed the issue was/is present for several transitions that also appear to often jump a couple of frames as well. I essentially gave up with MP4 in PD a few years ago as I saw too many surprises like this when one looks close. Most probably simply gloss over and don’t notice, in this particular footage it’s rather obvious. If for some reason I need a MP4 I convert in a different utility.

Jeff
[Post New]
Thanks for the response Jeff

My source in this case is MP4 format but I had created a post specifically to ask that question, what formats do others use that don't have all these "known" problems like I had with DV-AVI format at that time and now more of the same with MP4.

The post was:
What is your preferred source video format?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42642.page

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 03. 2015 16:07

ynotfish
[Post New]
I'm learning a lot today.

Just tested EKSVid's Enhanced Stabiliser scenario using some MPEG-4 clips off my little Sanyo Xacti. Yes - it's got the jumps when produced to MPEG-4. Duh! It's not the source clip - it's the produced format/container. ""embarassed""

Jeff - interesting what you said about transitions. We typically produce tutorials to H.264 MPEG-4 720p and I've noticed occasional skips at transition points. Transitions are usually <15 frames, so you'd have to be on your toes to notice. Might have to rethink our workflow!

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 03. 2015 16:03

[Post New]
Response from Support on this issue:
"Regarding your concern, I would like to inform you that we are able to reproduce the issue in our lab and engineers are assigned to check it."

So, this is a fyi for anyone interested and following this subject. Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate