Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't open new custom backgrounds in PD13
Buckles [Avatar]
Member Location: Klamath Falls, OR Joined: Aug 26, 2014 17:04 Messages: 90 Offline
[Post New]
I have made new jpg picture for background and placed them in my background folder. When I open PD13 and click all content>backgrounds, only the cyberlink backgrounds open.

I can open the background folder and see that the custom images are there.

I can open them if I use the "Import media" icon, go to the background folder, highlight the ones that I want and click open.

How can I get my custom backgrounds to appear in the library window when I click on backgrounds?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2015 12:13

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Did you use the EXACT same format and dimensions of the stock images?
There may be more to it than meets the eye. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Buckles [Avatar]
Member Location: Klamath Falls, OR Joined: Aug 26, 2014 17:04 Messages: 90 Offline
[Post New]
What I did: Copied jpg images in pictures fold and pasted them in the background folder 16:9
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Buckles -

The process you're describing does work if the images are cropped to a 16:9 aspect ratio (for the 16:9 folder). The actual size doesn't matter, but the AR does.

PDR is not precious about image format - .jpg, .jpeg, .png & .bmp will all work fine.

The folder is at C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector13\Background\16_9 (which will be replaced in any future reinstallations).

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2015 15:06

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Buckles [Avatar]
[Post New]
I know how to set the aspect ration in PD13 Library window and save the project. but how does one change the aspect ration after down loading from the camera to the PC, so they will be 16:9 in the 16:9 background folder?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
The photos from your camera would typically be 4:3 or something similar, unless you happened to shoot them in 16:9.

In PDR, all you need to do is:

1. Import the photos you want to crop to 16:9

2. In the timeline, click Crop Image

3. Select 16:9 & crop the photo

4. Repeat with others

5. Transfer the cropped photos from the "Croped Pictures" folder in C:\Users\Tony\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\13.0 to the Backgrounds folder.

Alternatively you can do the cropping in your preferred graphics/photo software.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Buckles [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm not sure what the camera is putting out, but the crop window already says they are 16:9 and I just click OK. The process did not work. I imported the new images I have in background that would not originally open. I placed them on the timeline and cropped them one at a time and removed the uncropped images from the library. Then tried to save the cropped images to a cropped folder, but the system would not let me save them. The administartor stopped me and asked if I wanted to save them in Buckles folder, I said yes. I Then I tried to transfer that folder with all the cropped images to the 16:9 folder in backgrounds. It is there but won't open. I can't import them and They won't open even if I click to open backgrounds.

don't know where to go from here. I'm using win 8.1
[Post New]
I did here just to check and it works perfectly here.

Address: C: \ Program Files \ CyberLink \ PowerDirector13 \ Background \ 16_9 AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Buckles [Avatar]
[Post New]
I got it this time guys. Thanks