Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR 13 crashes after dragging clip to timeline to edit
Tina9999
Newbie Location: Northern CA Joined: Oct 12, 2012 23:38 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings again
My computer has started crashing in the video editing process - both when I first drag the clip onto the timeline (multiple times today) and before then, it was slowing down, sticking and crashing when trying to edit multi-cam video.

So I spent past 2 days archiving and deleting files. I have gotten msgs saying I need to update Quicktime, altho I don't understand why since I only use PowerDirector or Windows Media to view. I don't watch videos other than what I create, except occasionally on Youtube. I thought I had upgraded everything just last Fall.

I did just upload the Dec upgrade for PDR13 but still crashing. I have 1.16 TB free space. Couldn't figure out how to save the event log as a text - this was the one marked Critical.

Please advise if you need additional information.
Thanks,
Tina9999
 Filename
crash jan 29.evtx
[Disk]
 Description
PDR 13 event log re crashes while editing
 Filesize
68 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
291 time(s)
CyberPower Inc Windows 7
Intel (R) Core (tm) i7-4770K cpu @ 3.50 ghz
64 bit op sys - 32.0 GB RAM
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Tina9999:

QuickTime has codecs that are required by PD13. Please ensure that you update your QuickTime to the latest version and also apply the latest PD13 patch.

If those suggestions do not resolve your issues, then, providing the clip (if it is not too large) would enable other editors to check if they are experiencing problems with it. A copy of your dxdiag file (instructions in a sticky thread at the top of the Forum) might also help editors to determine the cause of the problem.

I have not upgraded to PD13, yet, waiting for a release that is reasonably stable, so I would not participate in any testing of your clip. The reports of PD13 issues on this Forum from senior editors have given me pause. PD12 works well for me.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor