Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Making Timeline Cursor Jump From Start Of Timeline To End Of Timeline
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 03, 2011 19:50 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to make the timeline cursor jump from wherever it is, say near the beginning, to the end of the timeline (not the end of a clip or the project)
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a way to make the timeline cursor jump from wherever it is, say near the beginning, to the end of the timeline (not the end of a clip or the project)

Press the key END on the keyboard, see if that's what you want.
To see all shortcut keys, click the "?" it in the upper right corner,
select Hotkey List AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
The END key indeed takes you to the end:

of the currently selected clip

of the timeline if no clips are selected (click in empty space of a track) or if multiple clips are selected…
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If you have the Movie Mode on Preview selected, then the END button on the keyboard does take you to the end of the project.
To the last item in the timeline.

If Clip Mode, END takes you to the end of that clip.

HOME Button takes you to the beginning of the Clip in Clip mode or Beginning of the Project in Movie Mode.

There is a list of Keyboard Shortcuts in Powerdirector Help "?".

In CONTENTS > Powerdirector Hotkeys > Default Keyboard Hotkeys, then you can select which area.
For the Hotkeys you are looking for select EDIT HOTKEYS.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I knew most I didn't make myself clear- my bad. Here's what I meant to convey. I would like to be able to see "a timeline full" - hit a key and see the next full timeline, hit a key and see the next full timeline, etc. on down the line to the end of the project without having to do that by dragging the slider at the bottom of the timeline-if that make sense. Being able to do that would enable me, for example, to examine a chunk of the timeline and quickly pick out bad sections.
[Post New]
Quote: I knew most I didn't make myself clear- my bad. Here's what I meant to convey. I would like to be able to see "a timeline full" - hit a key and see the next full timeline, hit a key and see the next full timeline, etc. on down the line to the end of the project without having to do that by dragging the slider at the bottom of the timeline-if that make sense. Being able to do that would enable me, for example, to examine a chunk of the timeline and quickly pick out bad sections.

I do not understand next timeline, it would not be next track.
If you have a project with many track, I only see the slider to the right upright.
If to zoom in [+ or -] on the timeline.
What I use:
Slider horizontally down the left side.
other:
Click, hold and drag the ruler above the timeline is very quick to get anywhere.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 11. 2015 14:20

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, let me see if I can explain it this way. Suppose you have a 2 hour movie on your timeline, have your cursor at the beginning of the movie and are zoomed in on the timeline so that 2 minutes shows in the timeline. So that "full timeline" would be from 00:00:00:00 to 00:02:00:00. The next full timeline would be 2 minutes to 4 minutes, etc. In other words, a "full timeline" would be worth 2 minutes of video. What I would like to do is quickly jump in 2 minute segments without having to use the slider at the bottom of the timeline. Make sense?
[Post New]
Quote: OK, let me see if I can explain it this way. Suppose you have a 2 hour movie on your timeline, have your cursor at the beginning of the movie and are zoomed in on the timeline so that 2 minutes shows in the timeline. So that "full timeline" would be from 00:00:00:00 to 00:02:00:00. The next full timeline would be 2 minutes to 4 minutes, etc. In other words, a "full timeline" would be worth 2 minutes of video. What I would like to do is quickly jump in 2 minute segments without having to use the slider at the bottom of the timeline. Make sense?

I checked here the shortcut keys and saw that you add tags to every part of your project, you can jump mark in brand using the Shift + arrow keys (left or right)

If it matters to you, I think it is worth adding tags in your project.

Click with right on the ruler, in the initial position of the part you want to select, Add Timeline Marker, type a name, number or not / OK.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 11. 2015 17:24

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. I'm aware it could be done that way, but that would mean placing 60 markers along the timeline (too time consuming, may as well drag the slider). One editing program I used previously used a hotkey (I think it was page up/page down) to jump through the timeline. Hoping there was one in PD that I hadn't found.
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you. I'm aware it could be done that way, but that would mean placing 60 markers along the timeline (too time consuming, may as well drag the slider). One editing program I used previously used a hotkey (I think it was page up/page down) to jump through the timeline. Hoping there was one in PD that I hadn't found.

Had understood that it would be part of a project with more than one clip each, in this case someone has to tell the program where it starts.
To jump clip use the Ctrl + Arrow keys (right / left) AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3