Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 6 64bit Problem when actvating when program not on default drive
Real Ale [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2013 17:45 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am currently installing PhotoDirector 6.0.5903.0 I do not want it on my “C” drive as this is a SSD drive solely for my OS.
When asked, I redirect to my “F” drive a Raptor drive used only for photo’s and video’s as against the default “C” drive. I then allow everything to progress without any further change to its default position. Everything is OK until I enter the activation code then I get a message
“The activation did not complete successfully because you chose not to allow it in the Windows User Account Control dialog. Try activating the program again and be sure to allow the activation when prompted by Windows”

If I install without changing anything as it installs it is OK. If then I move it by using an application mover it does work but the program icon is blank.
Is there anyway in which I can install on to a drive other than the drive holding the OS, with both the activation process and program icon working as they should.

MediaShow also behaved in exactly the same way but I am assuming that resolving or not would be identical to resolving or not of PhotoDirector.
As a point of interest these two programs are the only two that have responded this way.

Thank you for any advice or help you may be able to give.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
How large is the SSD? PhotoDirector is only 500 or so MB. Most small SSD are around 120GB. and the smallest one I could find was 60GB.

You may want to look up UAC in Windows and see if turning it off helps. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Real Ale [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi stevek, Thanks for your reply I will look into turning off UAC. As far as my SSD is concerned it is 500GB. It is not so much the size but I am trying to install programs onto the hard drive dealing with the subject matter ie 500GB SSD OS, 2TB RE Enterprise for for Music an general stuff and a 1TB VelociRaptor for photos and Videos. Of all my programs only PhotoDirector and MediaShow have refused to behave normaly when redirected away from the "C" drive.
jjbender [Avatar]
Newbie Location: yuma Joined: Jan 19, 2013 21:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. My c drive is 128 and I am putting the program on my d drive. I sent in a ticket. I'll see what they have to say. If I get an answer I'll post here
Real Ale [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi jjbender. Sorry you are having a problem. It is reassuring to know that there are others who do not want all programmes to default to the "C" drive and come across the same problem as myself when directing them to another drive.
I would be very interested in the reply to your question (ticket) to the support team.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
The requirement as stated is 1G hard drive space for program and documantation. I assumed that means and has always meant system drive space. (http://www.cyberlink.com/products/photodirector-deluxe/spec_en_US.html)

Perhaps you can move the documentation but I don't believe that that will save you much. What else is filling up your SSD? I have 114 programs/updates including most of the Cyberlnk video and audio editing programs, another suite of video and audio editing programs, a full office type suite and many others along with ta couple of video projects I'm working on. and together they take up about 100 G. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
jjbender [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tried on the C drive and D drive. It does the same, still will not activate. I have been back and forth with tech support and they have NOT solved the problem. They follow a flowchart and ask me to do the things that I have already done and stated in my email, so it is obvious they don't read it. I tried so many times with their suggestions and sent them screen caps that my activation key went bad. They extended that. Still can't use the program.

Asking for a refund because they wont get someone that actually has computer smarts to help.

I am no dummy on computers as I am a Senior engineer with Lockheed Martin working on the most advanced Radar systems on the planet and I know computers quite well. I have been troubleshooting advanced radar systems since the 70's and I do know how to troubleshoot. I always do the simple things before calling or writing to tech support and they always have someone who actually knows nothing about the product or computers in general but can read and follow a flowchart. So I play their game and it always gets to a point where they either give up or tell me to format and reinstall Windows???? That's just to get me off their back. Waiting to see what they want me to do next, maybe go through all the same things I did already again. I asked them not to tell me to do the same things again, I shall see.

This is really turning me off of Cyberlink as a whole. May need to rethink my PowereDVD and go with something else
Real Ale [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi jjbender, Sorry you are still having problems. I, like you, have found often tech support staff are not always able to resolve what should be simple problems. Is it because the people we are in contact with are support technicians and not the programmers themselfves?
With regard to Cyberlink Photo Director 6, I found that (after starting from scratch ie uninstall and also deleting within regedit) installing on the "C" drive and then using an application mover did work. Once moved I had to delete all the short cuts from both the start and task bar areas, then go into the start area click on apps find the app associated with the moved application and click on that to tell it to go to the start and task bar areas.
This did work but the app showed up as blank. When hovering over it with the mouse it did identify correctly what it was. Interestingly I have been playing around with my computer recently and for some reason the CyberLink apps started to show up as they should. I can not offer any reason for this as it I was not specifically playing with those applications. It was more tweaking with other applications and hardware.
jjbender [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did uninstall and reinstall. I went through the registry and cleaned out evrything cyberlink. I uninstalled my powerdvd and media show also. Nothing Cyberlink on the computer at all. Tried reinstalling Photodirctor on the C drive and same thing, won't activate. Captured the screen and sent it back to Cyberlink to see what they may want me to do next. Told them I will not go through the same things they had medo already and that if they can't fix it just refund my money, and then I may start to look elsewhere for applications.
Real Ale [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am not surprised you are fed up with the program. I have to admit I use Serif Photo Plus as my main editing tool and the transfer to PhotoDirector to see if I can further enhance using their tools. It is especially good at skin tones, removing skin blemishes / anomalies and replacing. Serif is not that good with matching skin tones
Matthew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2015 07:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem, I just sent in my request for a refund too.
olda62
Newbie Location: Czech Republic Joined: Sep 26, 2016 00:31 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have exactly the same problem,

I can not activate programs for the same reason. I can not activate: (PhotoDirector 7 , AudioDirector 6 , YouCam 6)

When I watch this thread, this same problem has dragged for more than 3 years O_o.

I Am using a newer version of the program, I have another version of windows, but the problem is still the same....

Cyberlink support not understand what I'm talking.

I call it ARROGANCE

activation problem
olda62
[Post New]
I finally solve the problem.

Probably was damaged the "User Account Control" (UAC) in Windows registry.

Need enabled UAC in the Control Panel. you can see here

But this control may be damaged in windows registry. Possible Cause ? Maybe some cleaner of registry, Some utilities that prohibit UAC ...etc.

I used for repair proven utility: Tweaking.com - Windows repair free version

Complete repair takes about 30 minutes, but the result is positive. laughing

Have fun tongue-out

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2017 04:43

[Post New]
Hello olda62,

I'm glad you've been able to resolve your user account problem that was interfering with program activation.

I notice in your screenshot it states PhotoDirector DE. Is that PhotoDirector Essential? Was the software bundled with other products?

Now that you have PhD installed & activated, could you post a screenshot of the version you're using?

This may be useful if other users experience similar issues.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
olda62
[Post New]
I own this CyberLink´s programs now

Powerdirector 14 ultra v14.0.2820.0 [purchased] ( Ever since I bought were never problems with activation )

AudioDirector6_5902_GM3_Ultra_ADR150924-01 [purchased] (Can not activate it)

AudioDirector 6 le [Sharewareonsale] (Can not activate it)

PhotoDirector 7 DE v 7,0,8409,0 [Sharewareonsale] (Can not activate it)

YouCam 6 can not find a build here [Sharewareonsale] (Can not activate it)

After repairing the UAC can be activated easily all the products without problems

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2017 15:33

stevek
[Post New]
Quote I own this CyberLink´s programs now

Powerdirector 14 ultra v14.0.2820.0 [purchased] ( Ever since I bought were never problems with activation )

AudioDirector6_5902_GM3_Ultra_ADR150924-01 [purchased] (Can not activate it)

AudioDirector 6 le [Sharewareonsale] (Can not activate it)

PhotoDirector 7 DE v 7,0,8409,0 [Sharewareonsale] (Can not activate it)

YouCam 6 can not find a build here [Sharewareonsale] (Can not activate it)

After repairing the UAC can be activated easily all the products without problems

DE often standands for Dell Edition - It is an OEM. You probably got it free with a piece of hardware )or your Dell computer.). It is an OEM (teaster version) that will only work with the hardware that it came with. If it came with your computer and you've changes anything (like a hard drive or video card) it will not activate or run. You can see if you can get another copy from Dell.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2017 18:05

olda62
[Post New]
I do not own any Dell computer and I have never owned. I got the "DE" version on sharewareonsale. (I wrote in the latest post). This version of PhotoDirector works fine on all devices without problem now. (I also wrote that the problem is solved)
Additionally, activation problems are not a problem only of the one version, it is a global problem UAC and authorization which came out with new versions of windows. This problem multiplies the various utilities that prohibit UAC. The problem may be also multiplication using unverified registry cleaners. I think developers of Cyberlink should already react.SaleOnSharewareonsale

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 02. 2017 00:40

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Stevek – I agree with olda62. He is giving good information here to everyone. Glad that he found and fixed the uac problem on his pc. The Cyberlink DE versions of software are also packaged with HP computers and Diamond Multimedia devices. See this post for a recent example: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50596.page#post_box_266612 . I also have a PhotoDirector installed on my drive D with no problems. If the computer is half working then Cyberlink software can be installed on any drive other than drive C, like drive G in this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50763.page .

Thank you olda62 for sharing your knowledge that may help other users with the uac problem you found and fixed. laughing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2017 01:26