Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Selecting A Clip On Timeline Without Cursor Jumping To It
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 03, 2011 19:50 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
There are times when I would like to select a clip on the timeline without the cursor jumping to that clip. How do I do that? In other programs I've used, I could hold down shift key when I selected a different clip & the cursor would stay put. Also, is there a one key operation whereby I can split a clip & remove what's left of the clip to the left of the cursor; and vice versa, split a clip & remove what's left to right of cursor? Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jerryd2558,
Cursor? I'm not aware the cursor moves at all whereas the track slider does move position as it should.

Please look up the Keyboard shortcuts and Hotkeys.
Shortcuts: select a drop-down dialogue box for File-Edit-View-Playback and note the keyboard shortcuts on the right.
Hotkeys: Alt+H or Edit/Keyboard Hotkeys/Customise
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2014 01:12

jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply. I'm new to PowerDirector and obviously used the wrong terminology. I meant the "Timeline Slider" instead of "Cursor." So, my question should have been is there any way to select a clip on the timeline without the timeline slider jumping to it? Being a newbie, I didn't quite get your answer to my second question.
[Post New]
Quote: There are times when I would like to select a clip on the timeline without the cursor jumping to that clip. How do I do that? In other programs I've used, I could hold down shift key when I selected a different clip & the cursor would stay put. Also, is there a one key operation whereby I can split a clip & remove what's left of the clip to the left of the cursor; and vice versa, split a clip & remove what's left to right of cursor? Thanks

While PD has not this tool, you can use this I use a long time already, "PDSpeed​​" there topic about it, if not find, I have a link, http://www.4shared.com/zip/-sLYdFbO
Run the application that adds keyboard shortcuts to PD. ("S" - split,) ("D" - Split and cuts left) has other shortcuts, I use only these two.

Nota: Note: Run the application, will be active until you turn off the PC. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. Great looking program! Couple of questions: (1) Have you tried it in PD13? (2) Does it eliminate the use of all other hotkeys, or just add these to them?
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks. Great looking program! Couple of questions: (1) Have you tried it in PD13?

Yes I am using in PD13.

(2) Does it eliminate the use of all other hotkeys, or just add these to them?

I have not tested all keys, (S) (D) Works here

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2014 10:14

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate