Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A couple of simple newbie questions
VE1MDO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2014 07:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Pardon the interruption of an old man trying to learn new tricks. I have looked through the tutorials, but the answers haven't been obvious, perhaps because I don't understand the terminology.

1. How do I select which of the tracks overlays the other, that is - how can I bring forward my titles and photos so that they are on top of the background video that I have? Somehow it's gotten reversed.

2. Is there a way to easily delete or replace all transitions besides manually selecting each one?

3. The video formats I have rendered my project to so far haven't been easily viewed with typical players such as VLC or Media Player, and haven't been recognized by YouTube either. They're also pretty large, my video is only 7 minutes but in HD quality I see somewhere between 250MB and 600MB file size, which seems large to me. Any suggestions on which format to choose which offers good video quality, universal accessibility and reasonable size?

Thanks very much for any hints braintrust.

Chuck
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
To answer the first question the tracks below the main track 1 overlay track one, ie track 2 overlays track 1: Track 3 overlays track 2 . so you would put the background on track one, and the videos to overlay on track 2.
You can have up 99 tracks.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
VE1MDO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2014 07:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Jim. Since I have the background on the first channel, it would seem that since the overlaying photos are behind the first channel, that I'm suffering the problem that some others have been experiencing based on the comments I have read.

Thanks for the help!

Chuck
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You can change what shows through, by using transparency.

If you have a background on track 1, and a picture on track 2 with transparent areas, the background will show through the transparent areas of the picture.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.