Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slow Motion
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
I have produced a short video comprising of stills and text. I made each of the slides and texts to short in duration. So I want to increase the video length by around 20%. Seems I can do this in one of two ways:
- Stretch the video by 'grabbing the end' and holding down the ctrl key to lengthen it
- Use the Video Speed adjustment facility with the frame interpolation technology

Is there a real difference between these two approaches or do they output the same result? I have outputted both at MP4 720/1280 and to my eyes they look the same.
Ron

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2014 08:04

CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I can't answer that question, but if you have the original project you can change the duration of each still. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for reply.
I had to adjust the length overall because the video was assembled in another editing programme otherwise I would have used PD Edit at still level. But I am sure that one of our members knows which is the better method of adjusting the video length; just using a 23" pc screen makes it hard to determine. I guess that any quality difference would show up on a larger screen?
Ron CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have produced a short video comprising of stills and text. I made each of the slides and texts to short in duration. So I want to increase the video length by around 20%. Seems I can do this in one of two ways:
- Stretch the video by 'grabbing the end' and holding down the ctrl key to lengthen it
- Use the Video Speed adjustment facility with the frame interpolation technology

Is there a real difference between these two approaches or do they output the same result? I have outputted both at MP4 720/1280 and to my eyes they look the same.
Ron

If you have the original Project file, change the duration of the images, then Produce again.

You can adjust the video speed and the length of a video clip using Power Tools > Video Speed.

When you adjust speed Multiplier slide your length of the video will go up or go down depending on slowing or speeding.

There is a limit to the amount of adjustment to keep sound, outside those limits there is no sound. Unless you extract the sound before using Video Speed.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

RonH
[Post New]
Thanks Carl.
Yes, I understand that ... there is no sound added yet.
As I mentioned, since I do not have the Project file assembled with PD I cannot make the adjustments there. My question related to which is the best way of extending the video overall time eg:

Either are very easy to do but I can't see a difference in output quality at MP4 720. Maybe there is a real technical difference which should be considered?
Ron
CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Carl.
Yes, I understand that ... there is no sound added yet.
As I mentioned, since I do not have the Project file assembled with PD I cannot make the adjustments there. My question related to which is the best way of extending the video overall time eg:

Either are very easy to do but I can't see a difference in output quality at MP4 720. Maybe there is a real technical difference which should be considered?
Ron

I doubt there is any difference, Use whatever works for you.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.