Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdirector 13 goes to the sale on September 16?
mbdhd2014
Newbie Location: Argentina Joined: Dec 20, 2013 09:20 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
according to the official website of the final bid ends 16of powerdirector 12 September, so it is assumed that 16 or September 17 Ships 13 version, is it? there will be a beta version to download and try? garcias Nada
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
Cool! Hope it's true... Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Wow

Missed that one.

$165 off!

http://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector-ultimate/buy_en_AU.html?affid=2581_1095_291_16392_0_ENU Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/company/press-news-content.do?pid=3652 HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
Wow and I just bought it! hah

Do they have any sort of "Price Protection" or something, if you are a recent purchaser, and it goes on sale
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
Troy. I'm in the same boat as you. ...and hoping I qualify for some sort of price break. Then again, what if it has a whole set of bugs that new users have to deal with? I'm getting used to version12. Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Wow and I just bought it! hah

Do they have any sort of "Price Protection" or something, if you are a recent purchaser, and it goes on sale

Hi,
See Link: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=2317
Quote: Where can I find the refund policy for the download version?

CyberLink Online Store offers a 30-day money back guarantee.
To obtain a refund for digital product(s), please click here.

Link:https://asknet-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2215/kw/refund
Quote: Money Back Guarantee - CyberLink
I wish to cancel my order - what do I need to do?

CyberLink offers a 30 day money back guarantee on its products.

If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can cancel your order up to 30 days following the original order date. To cancel the order and receive a refund, please send an email to: customerservice@asknet.com.

With the cancellation you are renouncing the right to use the software.

I hope the information helps.

Dafydd
Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Wow and I just bought it! hah

Hi,
See Link: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=2317

I hope the information helps.

Dafydd

Thanks, but I wasn't looking for a Full Refund - I was just curious if they had any sort of Price Protection or coverage, as in, if someone purchased a product, then it goes on sale, withing a certain period of time. Some retail brick-and-mortar stores have this.

Even if CyberLink does not have this - (or you were meaning the 'Refund and then Re-Purchase' is the only route to any sort of Price "matching") - it's alright, I am quite satisfied with their product and would be happy to keep this one and upgrade, eventually
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
Contact the email address the FAQ provided and ask your question. Best I can do.

Edit: This post replaces another I made earlier.

Dafydd
Tesityr
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
Contact the email address the FAQ provided and ask your question. Best I can do.

Edit: This post replaces another I made earlier.

Dafydd

No problems, thanks for pointing in the right direction
Tesityr
[Post New]
I just wanted to pop back into this thread and add, that [as far as my question was concerned] I actually had two separate issues...

One was, I thought that my version (Ultra) that I purchased had gone on sale for less than 'my sale price that I paid at the time' - which it didn't - when I looked up the recent Sale Price, I was looking at a less-value-packed Edition (Deluxe). Which of course, costs less anyway

So, when I contacted CyberLink Support (via their website forms) I asked them about the Second question I had [thought of] - where I could possibly pay the difference between my version (Ultra) and the next one up (Ultimate), basically getting an 'upgrade' to the next Edition of PDR, paying the difference. Their friendly Support contacted me back and said that if I purchased the version I wanted (Ultimate) and sent them the Receipt for it, they would refund the price of the original purchase (Ultra) - so I would essentially have the 'upgrade' that I was looking for!

I'm sorry if this not something to normally be posted on the forums - I do not wish to overstep any rules - I just wanted to pop back in to point out the refreshingly helpful Support service that CyberLink seems to have!
chuckpuckett [Avatar]
Member Location: Alabama Joined: Jan 30, 2011 09:41 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Not looking for a refund. Just fixes.

I'm mainly surprised that y'all let the product ship in what seems a demonstrably unstable state. I know market pressures to get new customers (via the lure of "feature-magnetism") push these things. But as I've mentioned before, I have 35 years in product-oriented software development, and the current wisdom seems to urge that one wring everything out so as not to alienate or frustrate the loyal customer base. I switched to PD from Premiere Elements based on its 64-bit speed, but that edge seems to have eroded somewhat in subsequent releases and now the stability is in jeopardy.

I don't think the project I initially tried with PD13 was that complicated. It's a 3 camera (mainly using only 2 of the 3) music video with accompanying audio track. Admittedly, there are a fair number of transitions, and each clip was cropped, and in one sequence, they all move around simultaneously (I could not watch this part in the editor; it just crashed. Had to wait to see rendered vid to see if it turned out okay. It did, at least to my satisfaction). But I had done this sort of thing numerous times with PD12 and earlier versions. Here's a link to the youtubed result, if your interested (one's interest in this particular video will be directly proportional to one's appreciation of the Grateful Dead : ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65tshw19bPY&list=UUvy2LsSHwrKCaGA7VtvBHnQ

I look forward to some quick stability/bug updates for PD13 (when one plays the "ship it by the deadline, dammit!" maxim, the necessary adjunct is a quick set of Version.N point releases to stabilize what's in the field). In the meantime, I think I'll revert to PD12 and let others wear the target on their backs and lead the charge toward stability.

Chuck Chuck Puckett
"I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while"
http://www.puckettpublishing.com
http://www.chuckpuckettsongaweek.com
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Chuck. Just one quick clarification: You were addressing Dafydd and said that "y'all" had shipped an unsatisfactory product. I don't believe Dafydd or any of the other contributors here are employed by CyberLink. If you want to express your complaint directly to the company, you can contact them.

Kevin
chuckpuckett [Avatar]
Member Location: Alabama Joined: Jan 30, 2011 09:41 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
You're right, of course. It's been a while since I've used the forum (nothing like a major release to bring the crybabies back into the fray ).
Dafydd always fools me, he speaks with such authority and clarity, one naturally assumes he is intimately involved with the company and the product. Over in Sibelius (a premiere music composition app) forum land, there actually was a company rep who more or less stayed on top of the many forum threads, offering fixes, suggestions, workarounds, etc. It's easy to think of Dafydd (who has the coolest name; I'm presuming Welsh?) as such a personage.
Well, back to NLE Nirvana. And waiting for bug fix releases!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2014 05:15

Chuck Puckett
"I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while"
http://www.puckettpublishing.com
http://www.chuckpuckettsongaweek.com
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
I wish that were true of these forums as well. Barring that, hats off to Dafydd.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Kevin and Chuck. I can only pass on Chuck's concerns to CyberLink for them to address and fix.

Yes, I'm from the wild west, in Wales and my name is pronounced, phonetically Da-Vith. I'll leave that to you to wonder or to PM me, as to why.

Dafydd