Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 v2930 patch
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kyle40,
CyberLink would like to have your original project files or ones that do the same issue if you still have the problem. Is that a possible?

Did switching off/unchecking Shadow Edit files help?

Hi Barry,
If you have any project that would help here then please provide it also.

Both:
CyberLink are keen to have data to replicate, so far they've not been able to from the information given.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Dafydd, is this to say that all i5's are expected to struggle with HD files ? I have an i5 also, and am having some problems, but I also have 28GB of RAM and a 4GB, very capable graphics card. What would it take to be able to use PD without the struggle ?
Thanks
rcohen

Rather than ignore your post, as it is a tangential post, I'll express a view.
I've sort of answered you via the PM exchange we've had. Editing High Definition video requires a stable powerful PC, Desktop rather than a laptop, in my view, especially if you intend to make many individual frame changes/additions/alterations rather than cut and delete. You need a middle to top end spec PC (i7) to have a comfortable HD video editing experience. The i5 is in the middle to low end of the spec and is likely to struggle at some point during the editing process. I'm expressing an opinion here and that's all.
Dafydd
flashmp3 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2013 21:21 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
For information depending of what edition you do, producing will be faster using your intel integrated gpu (that goes along with the i5) than your 4gb discrete GPU.

In fact for encoding and decoding purposes, intel quicksync blows away any other GPU

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-core-i7-2600k-core-i5-2500k,2833-5.html
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I am packing a project, lots of "broken" files. Almost 6GB.
How do I send it? It's too big for my DropBox. I do not have a smaller project with the breaks at this time. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I am packing a project, lots of "broken" files. Almost 6GB.
How do I send it? It's too big for my DropBox. I do not have a smaller project with the breaks at this time.

Hi BarryTheCrab,
Excellent, great news.
I have sent you, via a PM, details of a location to upload to.
Dafydd

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Done, took a long time. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Done, took a long time.

Thanks Barry,
I had advised CyberLink you were uploading, I'll remind them you've completed the task.
Dafydd

Edit: Changed a tense.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 01. 2014 05:50

Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Kyle 40,
Some update news.
CyberLink are attempting to reproduce the issue you've posted here, they have requested a sample project as the steps you've taken are unclear to them regarding scene detection. In addition, they're asking what the timeline frame rate you're using is?

When you're able to put a project together for CyberLink to replicate the issue, let me know and I'll give you the FTP links via PM.

Dafydd

Hi Dafydd, it's taken awhile as I've been working away but have created a project for you.
Project settings on image
Cheers
[Thumb - settings.png]
 Filename
settings.png
[Disk]
 Description
project seetings
 Filesize
201 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
207 time(s)
I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Hi Dafydd, it's taken awhile as I've been working away but have created a project for you.
Project settings on image
Cheers

Hi Kyle 40,
Thanks for the info/image.
I have sent you a PM.
Dafydd
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd.
Forgot to mention about the "Shadow files" option. I did switch it off but so far, I haven't had much chance to do editing at home.
I did enjoy working for someone else, in a "proper" edit suite on Friday ... getting paid into the bargain was a real bonus. Worth the 4 hrs travelling I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd, hopefully the final picture to show the PD12 timeline with NO split tracks

Just to recap ALL the clips in the short sequence apart from 2 clips were produced using the Detect Scenes method where I stop the auto detect from doing its thing. I choose the part(s) of the clip I want to use ( it's much quicker!) in my video.

It's a brilliant way for creating subclips for editing as it keeps the sub clips all tidy with the original video clip and doesn't clutter the clips bin oops sorry I meant the Media Content Window

Thanks for all your kind help

Cheers
[Thumb - clips test-130814.jpg]
 Filename
clips test-130814.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
New test no broken clips
 Filesize
112 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1037 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 13. 2014 16:33

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
My take is the "breaking" issue can be triggered in more than one way. Time is running short (no insider knowledge) on PD13's eventual arrival and I imagine this a priority. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kyle 40,
Thank you for the update, I'm glad the "fix" I sent you worked. I've told CyberLink the results.

Hi BarryTheCrab,
Just so you know, I'm not excluding you from the "fix". The data I was given was specifically for Kyle 40. I have followed up with your A/V issue to see what's happening. Your "take" on the situation, "My take is the "breaking" issue can be triggered in more than one way." is right in my view.
Dafydd
arb65912 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2014 21:49 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, very new user here.

Love the software but have a very weird problem.

Power Director starts fine BUT only once.

Since I close it, in order to start it again I need to boot the computer up.

Please help.

Cheers, AJ

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hello, very new user here.
Love the software but have a very weird problem.
Power Director starts fine BUT only once.
Since I close it, in order to start it again I need to boot the computer up.
Please help.
Cheers, AJ

Hi arb65912,
You've added your problem to the wrong location.
Please post as a NEW TOPIC, here's the link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=120 it's located at the top of the forum.
Dafydd
Forum Moderator
arb65912 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2014 21:49 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,
I am sorry for posting in wrong forum.
I was so eager to get the answer that I missed the proper location.

The problem was my Bitdefender software, it was scanning and installing updates silently and that was the problem.

After it finished, I was able to start PD with no problems.

Thank you for a quick answer and I will be more careful in the future when posting.

Cheers, AJ
Raychel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2014 15:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am unable to update my software. It keeps saying MD5 checking error.
[Post New]
Hi guys,

Newbie here, I purchased Powerdirector 12 Ultra, through download last week, on the French site.

I wanted to download this patch and it installs, extracts and everything but,

on a certain moment it says, can't install patch because you don't have the right version of the program and
then the whole thing gets canceled.

I tried the previous patch, same thing.

Do i need to install there patches since i purchased the program only last week? Are they maybe integrated?

Thanks for your advice

Greetings In the making
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi guys,

Newbie here, I purchased Powerdirector 12 Ultra, through download last week, on the French site.

I wanted to download this patch and it installs, extracts and everything but,

on a certain moment it says, can't install patch because you don't have the right version of the program and
then the whole thing gets canceled.

I tried the previous patch, same thing.

Do i need to install there patches since i purchased the program only last week? Are they maybe integrated?

Thanks for your advice

Greetings

Hi Olivia999,
Please post your question as a new topic, the thread is just an announcement about the release of a new patch.
New topic link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=120
If you could also include some additional data:
1. The version details of the PDR12 you have and
2. A screenshot of the error message.
There are a couple of guides to assist you see Part A and Part E & F: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page
My initial guess is you have the latest build version of PDR12 and don't need to apply the patch. The info asked for in Part A will tell you/us what you have.
I look forward to your new post or perhaps I have answered you already with my guess.
Dafydd
[Post New]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 28. 2014 10:39