Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Contents Packs
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
I use PD11 Ultimate Suite and have been cleaning up my pc of old/unused software programmes. This included PD10 which I originally had as an upgrade from PD9.

Question:
I still have in my Programmes, Content Packs l and ll from PD10. Should I delete these or are they also used in PD11?

CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I use PD11 Ultimate Suite and have been cleaning up my pc of old/unused software programmes. This included PD10 which I originally had as an upgrade from PD9.

Question:
I still have in my Programmes, Content Packs l and ll from PD10. Should I delete these or are they also used in PD11?

You should burn the downloaded files to a DVD for permanent keeping.
If your PD 11 was an upgrade version, you will need the previous version to re-install PD11.

It is also a good idea to burn the Email of the Product key to that same DVD.

After you have burned a DVD, you can then delete the files from your computer.

Never throw away installation files for a paid downloaded program, they are not replaceable.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl.

My PD11 is a fully paid version from Amazon and I have the disc.
PD10 (upgrade from PD9) has already been deleted by me ... I earlier assumed this was a safe action since PD11 is not an 'upgrade associated' product but the complete Ultimate Suite of software. So having maybe jumped a bit early by trashing PD10, do I need the two Content Packs l and ll from PD10?

I have of course checked PD11 is still fully functional. Any other purchased software that I install are always complete when they are not 'upgrades' ... isn't Cyberlink

CYa Ron CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Since PD 11 is a full version and not an upgrade, you do not need any part of PD 10.
Except, maybe the projects you did in PD 10, all PD 10 projects will open and work in PD 11.

I just cannot think of throwing away a program that I paid good money for.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

RonH
[Post New]
Sorted, thanks Carl.

Interestingly the removal of PD10 using the Control Panel leaves PD10 Folders in C/Programs so it is not a clean uninstall. I guess that there are comments about this in the Forum so I will go Search for info about this.

There would be no purpose for me to retain PD10 on my pc. I can't open PD11 projects in PD10 and if PD11 ever fails I have the disc option to reinstall or even to upgrade to PD13 (or will it be 14?). But yes you are right ... its difficult destroying what's paid for but I have the advantage of having lived in 3 countries so its been necessary to 'thin' my belongings CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)