Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Vertical Video Stretch
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Starting with a .mov video I am trying to email it to my android tablet without video distortion but not succeeding

I place the .mov on the timeline, turn it 90% and produce for .mp4 which is the format for android. The resulting video is correctly proportioned for playing on my pc but gets vertically stretched on the android tablet ... eg people are tall and slim! If I produce in .mp4 without turning the original .mov video then eg people are short and fat.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

SOLVED I HAD THE EDIT SETTINGS AT 16:9. CHANGED TO 4:3 AND 'SORTED'.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2014 12:05

CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
What is the native format size for the device? -Is it 4by3 , 16by9 or other? Many tablets are 4 by 3 so trying to put a wide screen video on it will give you all kinds of issues. What is the suggested video resolution for that device?

Which tablet?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2014 12:13

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your input.

Is this helpful to you:
Google Nexus 7 2013 tablet has 16:10 widescreen aspect ratio and 7.02-inch (178 mm) diagonal IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. It is perfect to enjoy HD movies and videos on the widescreen display that has 1920×1200 pixels (323 ppi). CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I see that you "fixed" the issue. (your edit in the first post.) .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
RonH
[Post New]
Post deleted ... problem solved

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 16. 2014 09:45

CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
stevek
[Post New]
Deleted because of change in the above thread.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 16. 2014 12:05